Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa Platinum $9500 Limit - Elan Financial Services c/o Meriwest Credit Union

tag
Calicurli
New Contributor

Visa Platinum $9500 Limit - Elan Financial Services c/o Meriwest Credit Union

I still can't believe I'm typing these words!

Long story short: stopped in to my local credit union branch to inquire about where my debit card was. The Financial Services Manager asked if I'd ever considered getting a card with them. She said I had a 650 Transunion score when I joined the credit union.

After much deliberation, I gave the green light. The application process was short.

About 2 minutes later, she slides away from behind her screen and congratulates me on my instant approval. I was thinking the limit would be $500 or so. Nooo, $9500!

I blinked hard and fish gaped, then stammered out a thank you. This is now going to be my highest credit card limit!

Of course, with the information gleaned from this board over the years, I know not to run the balance up!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Visa Platinum $9500 Limit - Elan Financial Services c/o Meriwest Credit Union

Congratulations!!!

Message 2 of 15
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: Visa Platinum $9500 Limit - Elan Financial Services c/o Meriwest Credit Union

<ditto>

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>8/2024 All 3 reports 835ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 3 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

CongratsSmiley Happy So what is your current score and where is this CU generally? Very impressive.
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval and killer SL!!
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval !!!

Message 6 of 15
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Congratulations Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome!  Nice SL 

Message 8 of 15
calyx
Super Contributor

That's awesome - huge congrats!

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 9 of 15
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Ooo la la. A very nice approval and SL. Congratulations.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.