Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAYFAIR APPROVAL HELP PLEASE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WAYFAIR APPROVAL HELP PLEASE

Hello,

I am not sure if this is the right place for this question. I was approved for a Wayfair card ($2500 SL) and I saw several posts about how people have had success requesting a CLI via the luv button. My question is, how do you create an account prior to receiving the card if Comenity won't provide your account number over the phone? The posts I have read have been from same day approvals as far as I can tell. 

Thanks for any help!

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
alisadarrick
Regular Contributor

Re: WAYFAIR APPROVAL HELP PLEASE

Hi and congrats.  You should be able to enter your ss number in place of your card number when you sign up

BK7 Meeting of Creditors 12/14 Discharged 2/15
EQ 630
EX 631
TU 653
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comenity has recently changed the way that you can set up an account and now the card number is required to create the account.

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

That would explain things. Thanks! Initially I got excited and was going to try my SSN, however, then I realized they ask for both now Smiley Sad I guess I'll just have to be patient. Thanks again!
Message 4 of 17
padme
Established Contributor

Just give the snail mail a few days to get card, try to remember the CLI date, i typically use the 1st on month for the CLI.

Message 5 of 17
gibeon
Established Contributor

I was able to set up my new accounts without the account number for Pottery Barn and West Elm in the last two weeks or so.

I think account-number-free sign up might still work on desktop pcs.

OnMyWay, from a real computer, google comenity wayfair, and you should find a link like "d.comenity.com/wayfair" if you go there, there should be a sign up button under the login section

I also have a sneaking suspicion that card-free account setup might be cookie-related... so if you can, use the same computer/browser.

23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gibeon wrote:
I was able to set up my new accounts without the account number for Pottery Barn and West Elm in the last two weeks or so.

I think account-number-free sign up might still work on desktop pcs.

OnMyWay, from a real computer, google comenity wayfair, and you should find a link like "d.comenity.com/wayfair" if you go there, there should be a sign up button under the login section

I also have a sneaking suspicion that card-free account setup might be cookie-related... so if you can, use the same computer/browser.

Comenity just made the change in the past week.  You need the card number now to sign up.

Message 7 of 17
ohreally7654
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

I am not sure if this is the right place for this question. I was approved for a Wayfair card ($2500 SL) and I saw several posts about how people have had success requesting a CLI via the luv button. My question is, how do you create an account prior to receiving the card if Comenity won't provide your account number over the phone? The posts I have read have been from same day approvals as far as I can tell. 

Thanks for any help!

Big congrats to you on your approval!! I was able to call the customer service line before getting my card (did this on my Pottery Barn card) and request my credit limit increase that way.  When the system asks what you want to do, just say "Credit Limit Increase" and it will take you through the prompts. It should recognize the number you're calling from if you use the same phone that was listed on your application.  From there it will ask for the last 4 of your SSN.  I've gotten CLIs on a few Comenity cards that way, before even getting the card in the mail. Just make sure when it asks you if you're looking for a specific amount for your increase, you say no!  Good luck to you and let us know how it goes!

Started rebuilding 8/2015. Current Fico 8 Scores 9/17: TU FICO: 698 (from 646 3/15/16) | EX FICO: 689 (from 617 3/15/16) | EQ FICO: 670 (from 614 3/15/16). Discover Miles: $10K | Amex PRG | Amex BCE $2K | Amex SPG $2K | Citi Aadvantage $7K | JetBlue Plus MC $3.9K | Walmart MC $3.5K | Marvel MC $5K | NFCU CashRewards $15K | CareCredit $12K | PenFed Amex $9K | USAA Limitless Visa Sig $6K | NFCU goRewards $20K | NFCU Amex $10.4K | NavCheck $13.5K | Blispay $4K | QS $9.5K | Pier 1 $21.1K | RH $20.7K | JCrew $16.8K | Wayfair $4.9K | Pottery Barn $19.5K | Discover IT $4.1K | Nord. Visa Sig $22K | USAA Visa Plat $2.5K | Neiman Marcus $6.4k | Amex Delta Reserve $1k | Saks $15K | VS $2.2K | Target $1K | Macy's $25K | Bloomies Amex $25K| West Elm $12.4K | PP Credit (Comenity) $4.4K
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you ohreally7654, I called and requested an increase and got $200 bringing me to $2700. Not much of a bump but Comenity has been good to me in the past so I am sure I can continue to build it quickly.
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, security is tightening everything up.  I had to verify who I was for my Thank You Preferred and Home Depot.  Very weird is all I can say.  Haven't had a new Comenity but the old way was very simple once your were approved.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.