Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Mastercard Approval

tag
torry590
Regular Contributor

Walmart Mastercard Approval

Cap One got me again. Sent me a pre-approval mailer for the Walmart Mastercard. Of course I knew this was a borderline pre approval, the rate was 26%. I went for it anyway, approved instantly for $300.

I do not shop at walmart more than once or twice a month. I would not have gone for it had it not been the mastercard version. This can potentially replace my Credit One Visa that turns a year next month and is of course riddled with fees. The reward structure is much better. Onward and upward with the rebuild. 

I have to garden now, too many new accounts. Now if I could only ignore the pre-approvals. 🤦🏻‍♂️

As of 5/2021 EX8: 616 | TU8: 665 | EQ8: 662
First Premier $700 | Capital One Secured $500 | Discover It $1,000 (formerly secured)
Capital One Quicksilver $400 | Credit One Platinum $300 | Victoria's Secret $200
Express Next $500 | Williams Sonoma Store $400 | Brylane Home $250 | Chime Credit Builder NPSL
Walmart World Mastercard $300 | Aspire Mastercard $500 | Cerulean Mastercard $750
CFNA Bosch Car Care $800 | First Premier no AF $700 | Avant Mastercard $300 no AF
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Walmart Mastercard Approval

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 2 of 27
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@torry590 wrote:

Cap One got me again. Sent me a pre-approval mailer for the Walmart Mastercard. Of course I knew this was a borderline pre approval, the rate was 26%. I went for it anyway, approved instantly for $300.

I do not shop at walmart more than once or twice a month. I would not have gone for it had it not been the mastercard version. This can potentially replace my Credit One Visa that turns a year next month and is of course riddled with fees. The reward structure is much better. Onward and upward with the rebuild. 

I have to garden now, too many new accounts. Now if I could only ignore the pre-approvals. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Congrats on your approval!!! Enjoy the 5% on first year!!

Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 27
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your approval! ...

Message 4 of 27
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Walmart Mastercard approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (August 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 5 of 27
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That's terrific!  Congratulations on your approval!! 🎉🥂

Message 6 of 27
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the approval!  👍 

Message 7 of 27
gingerflower
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 8 of 27
SPChaser
Established Contributor

Congratulations!!! 🥳

“Play the game, but don't believe in it“
Message 9 of 27
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.