Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird Chase cards approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Weird Chase cards approval

So my profile just hit 1y last month and I'm so over of 5/24, I know the chase cards are not for me. However I'm a big fan of Amazon and Whole Foods so I always wanted to apply for the Amazon card. Just found out that there are some cards ain't affected by 5/24, and Amazon is one of them. As the Prime day was coming, I felt the necessity of owning an Amazon card. I apped for it a couple days ago, it turned to be under "review", so I called the rep right after. The rep just asked me to verify my phone number(texted me a code) then told me that my app's approved, with $1K SL. Yay! Well, I was like playing treat or trick on Halloween, was given one and only candy that it's super small. This is the second minimal SL I got (the absolute minimal SL is from Cap One which is bucketed at $750). All my other 5 cards are from $2K-5K excluding the AMEX charge card. My credit score is 730ish, 7 hp in 1yr, 3 in 6mos/1mo, including the one from this app by chase.

After the approval of Amazon card, I submitted the IHG app within the same day to maximize the utilize of that hp. Still went to review, then I almost forgot about it. Couple days later, a new account appear in my Chase app, so I clicked on it, finding that that's the IHG card! With SL almost 17K!! I have no idea why I got only 1K on Amazon but 17K on IHG. Basically I would like the Amazon card to be my daily drive bc of its 5% at Amazon and Whole Foods reward structure, and put IHG in drawer to get FreeNight every year after paying $90 AF.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Weird Chase cards approval

Congrats on the double approval. You should be able to move some of the IHG limit to the Amazon to give yourself some utilization room. Chase experts here will likely be able to elaborate that point.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow!!! Great approval!!
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great story, b6. Congrats!

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approvals! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 10
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on both approvals!! I believe if you call EO or Customer Service, they should be able to guide you on re-aligning your credit. Keep in mind though (if I'm wrong, feel free to correct me), on co-branded cards, especially from different brands, I'm not sure if they can move limits. (As before, I may be wrong, experts, please chime in)

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 6 of 10
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great story , great data points , Congrats on approvals on both cards , Monster SL on IHG !!!!!

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the double approval and that major limit on the IHG!

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Yes call them up if you havent yet, they can definitely move your credit lines around, that's what I did when I got my IHG card, didn't feel like I needed more than 5k on the amazon so moved the difference to IHG as we have more use for it.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.