Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why, Hello Amex

tag
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Why, Hello Amex

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats on the approval! Very awesome to cold-app like that and get in. I’m looking forward to joining the club as soon as I kick my EX up farther (waiting on an EX update that’ll show removal of a baddie and lower Util).

So you used the prequal pages and saw nothing, and then were still approved?

Yes. The average "low" approval for the card is 640. I had intended to wait until my uti was lower, the 3 baddies were removed, and my score was near 670, but it just happened. I was never pre-qualified for any card so I didn't bother this time. I think my most recent prequal attempt was about a week prior. As with the PayPal, sometimes you just gotta shoot your shot. Based on your sig, you might get in with a mid-630 score. I knew amex didn't care much about inq so I said why the fico not. With 6 baddies showing, I'm actually surprised about the approval. My most recent late was also less than a year ago, which I forgot about, and supposedly amex won't approve without at least a year clean. 

Message 51 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, if all of those stipulations are no longer in effect, they really are relaxing the requirements. Thank you for all the DPs, I’ll definitely keep them in mind, and again, congrats on getting back in 👍
Message 52 of 53
Felony_Phil
Established Contributor

If this isn't something.... Felony and the Devil... on the same board. Any bets on who's the Baddest?
Message 53 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.