Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X1 Card Approval

tag
thewally
New Contributor

X1 Card Approval

While it's still in Beta my invite came through today.  The application process was super easy, started with entering name, address and SSN, then asked about income and finally used Plaid to verify income by looking at the direct deposit.  My primary bank doesn't work with Plaid when 2FA is turned on so I used a checking account that I just have around that gets $100 per pay period.  Apparently that was good enough for a $29,000 starting line.  

The application advises that it's a soft pull and even though I've been approved I haven't seen any hard pull notifications come through.

I was instantly able to add it to ApplePay on my phone and watch.  They informed me that their "17 gram" card will arrive on Friday.  

I'll update after some usage, but so far the process seems pretty slick.

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
Elpadrino1
Valued Contributor

Re: X1 Card Approval

Congratulations on your approval!!

Message 2 of 35
Alephbet
Regular Contributor

Congratulations! $29K is a great SL also! I'm interested in hearing more about how this card works out in practice. I wish it offered some form of straight cash back but it does not appear to.

Bold are regularly used for spending
AOD Visa Signature | Curve Card | X1 Credit Card | Target RedCard | Venmo Card
AMEX: Schwab Platinum | 2 x Gold | Green | 2 x Business Platinum | 2 x Business Gold | Blue Business Plus
AMEX: Amazon Business Prime | Delta Reserve | Delta Reserve Business | Marriott Bonvoy Business
Chase: Aeroplan | Amazon Prime | World of Hyatt | World of Hyatt Business | Marriott Bonvoy Boundless
Chase: Ink Business Cash | Ink Business Preferred | Southwest Performance Business
BofA: Alaska Airlines Business | Business Advantage Customized Cash Rewards
Citi AAdvantage Executive | Barclays AAdvantage Aviator Business
U.S. Bank Business Triple Cash Rewards | U.S. Bank Business Platinum | GM Business Card
Apple Card | Navy Federal Flagship Rewards | PenFed Gold | PenFed Platinum Rewards
Capital One Platinum | Capital One QuicksilverOne | FNBO Evergreen Business
Player 2: Delta Platinum AMEX | Chase Freedom | 2 x Chase Freedom Flex | Apple Card
Message 3 of 35
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Just hope that myFICO peeps don't flood them the way we did with Blispay and went belly up not making money from us! 🤪

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 4 of 35
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your X1 Visa approval

Message 5 of 35
greatscott85
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! This seems like an interesting new card. What bureau was the soft pull on? Just curious.

Message 6 of 35
thewally
New Contributor

It does appear that they offer cash back redemptions:

Redeeming Points for Cash Back Statement Credit

Your Points may also be converted and applied as a general statement credit that is not limited to purchases from Rewards Partners. If this option is available to you, you will see the option to “Get Cash Back” under the Rewards tab of the X1 App. To redeem Points for statement credits, you must have downloaded and installed the latest version of the X1 App on your mobile device, then take the following steps:

• Open the X1 App and go to the Rewards tab.
  • Select “Redeem,” then select the “Get Cash Back” tab, if available, to see the cash back value for your Points. This value may be less than the value of Points used to pay off purchases from Rewards Partners.
  • Select “Get Cash Back” to redeem all of your outstanding Points for statement credit.
Message 7 of 35
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

Smiley Surprised

I had forgotten about this card - I signed up last year and was at number 65,xxx wait listed..

OP what was your waitlist number ?

Message 8 of 35
Alephbet
Regular Contributor

@thewally wrote:

It does appear that they offer cash back redemptions:

Redeeming Points for Cash Back Statement Credit

Your Points may also be converted and applied as a general statement credit that is not limited to purchases from Rewards Partners. If this option is available to you, you will see the option to “Get Cash Back” under the Rewards tab of the X1 App. To redeem Points for statement credits, you must have downloaded and installed the latest version of the X1 App on your mobile device, then take the following steps:

• Open the X1 App and go to the Rewards tab.
  • Select “Redeem,” then select the “Get Cash Back” tab, if available, to see the cash back value for your Points. This value may be less than the value of Points used to pay off purchases from Rewards Partners.
  • Select “Get Cash Back” to redeem all of your outstanding Points for statement credit.

That's nice they added that feature. It appears that it will likely be less than the value used in other ways but at least they are adding that for some users from the way it is worded. I'm in the 195,xxx group so I am interested to see how long it may take until I get an invitation. I would love to know how that get cash back actually works out in practice in terms of value. What number were you on the waitlist?

Bold are regularly used for spending
AOD Visa Signature | Curve Card | X1 Credit Card | Target RedCard | Venmo Card
AMEX: Schwab Platinum | 2 x Gold | Green | 2 x Business Platinum | 2 x Business Gold | Blue Business Plus
AMEX: Amazon Business Prime | Delta Reserve | Delta Reserve Business | Marriott Bonvoy Business
Chase: Aeroplan | Amazon Prime | World of Hyatt | World of Hyatt Business | Marriott Bonvoy Boundless
Chase: Ink Business Cash | Ink Business Preferred | Southwest Performance Business
BofA: Alaska Airlines Business | Business Advantage Customized Cash Rewards
Citi AAdvantage Executive | Barclays AAdvantage Aviator Business
U.S. Bank Business Triple Cash Rewards | U.S. Bank Business Platinum | GM Business Card
Apple Card | Navy Federal Flagship Rewards | PenFed Gold | PenFed Platinum Rewards
Capital One Platinum | Capital One QuicksilverOne | FNBO Evergreen Business
Player 2: Delta Platinum AMEX | Chase Freedom | 2 x Chase Freedom Flex | Apple Card
Message 9 of 35
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your fantastic SL with X1 Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.