cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

got a Capital One cli after late payment.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

got a Capital One cli after late payment.

Just thought I would post this as a data point.

I have 3 cap one cards all opened early 2015.   I pif mostly every month and use very often.  

My spark card last month had something post on cycle day for 118.00.  Like I said I normally pif each month so I forgot to check online like I normally do.  (very hectic month)

Anyway I caught it on OCT 8th,  One day after due date and paid balance at time ( which included the 118 and about 2800 I had ran through this past month.  )

Went on chat and explained what happened and got late fee waived.   Hoping this wouldn"t hurt my cli chances this month.

So just today I knew my six months was up so I hit the love button and got a 3000 cli. to bring my card to 8000.

So I guess cap one is as forgiving even of recent late payments if you show a normal pattern of great payment history.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: got a Capital One cli after late payment.

Same thing for me me on my Quicksilver. Since many of us out there are worried about statement date as I am as well I thought that was my due date and blew it. I called them and told them exactly that. completely honest. the next month had no late charge, hit the love button anyway and got one of my increases.

It might be totally different story on something you are carrying a balance on and not making large payments
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 3 of 5
padme
Established Contributor

Dont know if it matters, but i got all FIVE capones to post around the same time, so i pay all 5 the same day. i was late once too, got them to waive the late fee. but i never get any CLI's, though i might be at max exposure at $48k.

Message 4 of 5
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Very nice, and Im sure you weren't expecting anything after the late payment. Thats great! Congrats to you on the CLI!! Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.