Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

went on a little shopping spree

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: went on a little shopping spree

if i combine my 2 cap one cards, what happens to the age of the new combined account, does it count from the date of the older one being opened?
Message 11 of 16
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
if i combine my 2 cap one cards, what happens to the age of the new combined account, does it count from the date of the older one being opened?

Personally I would request to move the limit to the more favorable termed card aka lower APR / no AF / etc.

If Age is of concern just ask them to move it to the card that is older.  I think you can even just login to your account and do it online after a certain period of time has elapsed since opening.

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

cool, thanks for the info!
Message 13 of 16
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

You're welcome!  

Most of us are here to help and guide you in the right direction.  To make some headway with your scores and limits this is a good starting point.  In addition FICO always loves more time to figure you out when it comes to scoring.  The more time that elapses with good payment history and aging the higher your scores and limits will go.

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

i've been REALLY good with staying on top of payments for the past 12 months, hoping in the next 6 more months to be in the 700's. my baddies are hurting me pretty bad tho Smiley Sad
auto loan charge-off from 2 yrs ago, i settled it, but still shows. also one collection that i paid, but they refuse to take it off :/
Message 15 of 16
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Just give it all some time and grow things.  If you had a PFD on the collection then escalate it with the management of the CA or just keep disputing it on your CR's.  

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.