Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Part Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2 Part Question

You can only use that at Kohls thought right? We shop there very rarely. Wouldnt it be more beneficial to get something that you could use more often?
Message 11 of 25
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

oh yes
Message 12 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is capitlone considered a prime card? Since she already listed as an AU on my amex should we go for another brand besides capitalone/amex since we already have those?
Message 13 of 25
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

capital one can be prime but a lot of times they end up not being. i would be interested for a follow up of the limit.

I would really consider a store card, she has a better chance of getting that.

if you don't care about limits or rewards and just want another card, householdbank would for sure approve and they have a pre qual also 

Message 14 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are store cards considered prime?
Message 15 of 25
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I would say Macy's and the Chase backed cards, Kohls, Pier 1, etc.

the GE backed once not so much usually 

Message 16 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will look into those and see if there are any other prime cards around that we would have more options with. We just dont shop at any store regularly enough for a store card. Except maybe costco.
Message 17 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you paid the electric company collection it changed the last activity date to Feb. 09, effectively making it appear newer and costing her more points on her credit score. Even though a paid collection looks better on a manual review, none of us knows how this might be "seen" in an online application being handled by computers.

Unless you have a special need for another card right now I would add her as an AU to your Best Buy card and then just sit back and wait. AUs benefit from  the history  and credit limits of any card showing up on their reports. Give the paid CO and her new card time to age. Then apply for a new card when she can get a good card that she'll want to keep forever.

Message 18 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creditaddict, Whats your reasoning behind being a firm believer of 3 cards? And do you like to have the 3 from different credit card companies? eg. Amex, Mastercard, and Visa?
Message Edited by Hawnted on 06-08-2009 09:20 PM
Message 19 of 25
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

because with 3 accounts, auto or personal loan, credit card, store card(no visa store card) you are maximizing all the different types of credit which helps with score.

so if you don't need a personal loan or car loan, i say just another credit card.

visa, mc, amex, discover, does not matter. 

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.