Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 more cards and 14 more to go!!

tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: 2 more cards and 14 more to go!!

@longtimelurker wrote:

And of course politness dictates we shouldn't mention the display ad (Fico Credit Card Center) at the top of each forum page!

Or the even worse pop up ad.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 21 of 24
vladrad
Contributor

Thank You so much for your replays!

Well my 'strategy' is:

- Apply for as many as I can credit cards in first 1-2-3 years (I got SSN year ago) and then I will have 0 credit inquires in next 8 years. (soft or hard I won't apply for anything).

- PIF all those years (2 times per month) and 8+ years history and a lot of different credit cards should 'boost' my credit score to maximum.

- In maintime I will pay off my car loan (which I took only to have 'credit history')

I will be there eventualy! Smiley Happy

Citi "Diamond Preferred" (1k), Bank of America (12k), Capital One - secured (0.7k), AMEX Green - (5k), Chase Freedom (4.5k), Chase Slate (3.2k), Discover (3,75k), Chase Explorer (19k), Oldnavy (2.2k), Chase Amazon (3k), Orbitz Rewards (8k), Citi Double Cash (10,4k),
Message 22 of 24
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@vladrad wrote:

Thank You so much for your replays!

Well my 'strategy' is:

- Apply for as many as I can credit cards in first 1-2-3 years (I got SSN year ago) and then I will have 0 credit inquires in next 8 years. (soft or hard I won't apply for anything).

- PIF all those years (2 times per month) and 8+ years history and a lot of different credit cards should 'boost' my credit score to maximum.

- In maintime I will pay off my car loan (which I took only to have 'credit history')

I will be there eventualy! Smiley Happy

You can accomplish the same thing with 5-6 cards and have a high fico score.  This with all this work does not guarantee a 850. 

Depending on you future needs you multiple open line can actually work against you.

I still have negatives from 5+ years ago on my CR and I still have a 771 and that will qualify me for the best interest rate in mortgage or CC or auto after a certain point it really doesn't make that much of a difference.

Message 23 of 24
phoenix_one
Contributor

You do not need that many cards!

I was able get my score with less than 10 cards.

What do you need to do is to work with the cards that you already have.

And you have very good prime cards.

You are killing your AAOA, and eventually you are going to start getting denied because you opened too many accounts in a short period of time (which may cause some lenders to decrease your credit limit or right out cancel your cards.) Do not cry or complain if it happens.

Hit the brakes and go to the garden.

You are pretty much done in getting any more cards.

Only time and CLI's on the cards that you have will increase your score now.

Do not wait until you start to get denied.

My 2 cents.

EDIT: Another byproduct of your app spree will be that any new approval might result in lower credit limits.

Starting Score: 660 - 2010
Current Score: Experian 758, Equifax 767, TransUnion 754
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.