Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd Hilton Upgrade Offer

tag
Caught750
Valued Contributor

2nd Hilton Upgrade Offer

I know we’ve seen quite a bit about Hilton Honors to Surpass or Surpass to Aspire. I took the offer 2 months ago for 150k points from HH to Surpass. Just met MSR on that last month. Already have another upgrade offer to Aspire for another 150k points. It’s good through late November. I’ll be jumping on that!
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: 2nd Hilton Upgrade Offer

Congrats, that’s a rapid offer set. Mine took over a year for each step.
High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 2 of 18
Caught750
Valued Contributor

I’m really pleased! The Aspire is a very obvious decision for me. Even long term it’s easy to justify. Surpass has a massive limit for me and I use it often! Aspire is even more fitting.
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 3 of 18
TSlop
Valued Contributor

I just started with the base HH. I hope to do exactly what you've done over the next couple years and rack up points without a new cc.
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

So OP you think this is safe to accept the second upgrade offer within few months period or it's better to use the surpass card for a year and then to upgrade it to the Aspire? I am in the same situation right now

Message 5 of 18
Caught750
Valued Contributor

They offered it- honestly I think it comes down to whether or not you plan to keep it. I do, especially as it is not difficult, at all, to get positive value from it. I haven’t seen any AA from Amex for accepting the upgrades they offer. It isn’t closing Surpass 2 months later without paying the AF, it’s keeping, and upgrading the card. If you canceled and then said hey let me get that Aspire card I think you’d have issues but not for accepting the upgrade. Thoughts?
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 6 of 18
iced
Valued Contributor

First off, I'm not taking anything away from you here. Enjoy the bonus points.

The rest of this post is for Hilton. Hilton ... if you're even listening:

This is why HHonors points are worthless. They're thrown around like Mardi Gras beads and why you have to keep devaluing them to the point they're pre-WW2 German Marks (or Venezuelan Bolivars for the younger crowd).

This continual throwing out of points and status like Oprah's running the program is why some of us left and went to Marriott years ago.

When I check in to a Marriott resort, my chances are decent that less than 20% of the guests there are Platinum, Titanium, or Ambassador; I can't say the same for Hilton with Golds and Diamonds anymore. You gave me Gold for the year for staying two nights...yes, two nights. And I didn't even need to sign up for a credit card.

I know 250,000 Marriott points will get me at least 1 night (more like 5) at pretty much any hotel of theirs in the world; I can't say the same for Hilton points anymore.

You've sold your program to the point that $450 per year plus some nominal spend (far less than I'd ever have to pay staying even 2 weeks at your properties) will net me Diamond status and more points than I would have earned had I stayed at your hotels enough times to earn Diamond the old-fashioned way. I can't buy Titanium or Ambassador; it has to be earned through staying at Marriotts.

Good job rewarding loyalty there, Hilton.

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the upgrade is for the same card account you upgraded within the last year, then I expect that this offer was a glitch.

Need a year with current fee before you can upgrade to an account with a higher fee.

I expect that the upgrade will not be allowed if I read your post correctly.

Message 8 of 18
Caught750
Valued Contributor

I suppose we’ll see in the next few days. How about this? For AFs is it based by statement month or first of the month? Meaning my August statement cut so for AF purposes is it September? Or does it not count until September 1?

Also since I had the original for over a year I’m not 100% sure the upgrade would be blocked. At the very least we will find out shortly.
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 9 of 18
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Upgraded without an issue at all!
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.