Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd Hilton Upgrade Offer

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 2nd Hilton Upgrade Offer

Thanks for sharing some very valuable DPs @Caught750. Glad to hear the upgrade worked out.
Message 11 of 18
Caught750
Valued Contributor

What I’m gathering from this is that while the CARD Act makes a PC with higher AF illegal in the first year once that year is up there is no further issue with that account.

The CSR actually graduated from the same High School I did which was crazy but gave no indication that this would be considered gaming SUBs or anything else.

Super excited to se show Aspire works out!
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 12 of 18
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Surpass has upgraded to Aspire online, in the app, and in mobile wallet. I’ve also received emails from AmEx regarding the upgrade and benefits have changed on the website as well. Seems this was no fluke and the CARD Act allows it for sure!
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice! Enjoy your new Aspire card! Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not 100% sure I am ready for this move. Maybe later just before the next year summer vacation

If Delta gift cards would work for the travel credit I would defenetly go for it

Message 15 of 18
Caught750
Valued Contributor

It seems as if GCs come and go. I have a use for the credit for actual incidental charges this year. Hopefully the GC loop hole works again (or something similar) next year.
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 16 of 18
kudosalert
Frequent Contributor

@Caught750 wrote:
I know we’ve seen quite a bit about Hilton Honors to Surpass or Surpass to Aspire. I took the offer 2 months ago for 150k points from HH to Surpass. Just met MSR on that last month. Already have another upgrade offer to Aspire for another 150k points. It’s good through late November. I’ll be jumping on that!

@Caught750 wrote:
I know we’ve seen quite a bit about Hilton Honors to Surpass or Surpass to Aspire. I took the offer 2 months ago for 150k points from HH to Surpass. Just met MSR on that last month. Already have another upgrade offer to Aspire for another 150k points. It’s good through late November. I’ll be jumping on that!

that's awesome. the main reason i didnt apply for the Aspire right away (i have the Surpass), is that i wanted both subs. always thought you had to wait at least a year for the upgrade offer to come. i'll be meeting my Surpass minimum spend pretty soon and would love to upgrade to the Aspire. btw, did they refund the AF on your Surpass? pro-rated of course...

In my wallet:

In my desk:
Message 17 of 18
Caught750
Valued Contributor

So I went from HH to Surpass at a year. Then I upgraded to Surpass and met the MSR before the AF ever even posted. Then they immediately offered the upgrade to Aspire, which I took.

I’d imagine I’ll see some smaller AF charged, eventually, for the 2 months I used Surpass and then the AF for Aspire will post shortly after. This entire scenario is so out of the ordinary I’m not sure what to expect. I’ll post whatever happens though.
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.