Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5/24 Question

tag
CBartowski
Frequent Contributor

5/24 Question

Does anyone know if 5/24 only applies to Experian (the CB that got pulled when I applied for CSR) or if its across all 3 CBs?

Thanks

CARDS:
AMEX CS Plat | NSL -- Chase Freedom Flex | $19,000
AMEX Gold | NSL -- Citi Double Cash | $10,000
AMEX HH NAF | $1,000 -- Uber Visa | $5,000
CSR | $29,000 -- USAA Plat | $8,000
USAA AMEX | $23,000 -- MB Boundless | $11,900 -- CFU | $3,600 -- PenFed Pathfinder | $10,000 -- MS Plat | NSL

BANKS:
NFCU | USAA | PenFed | Schwab Bank | First Bank | Chase
7 REPLIES 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 5/24 Question

@CBartowski wrote:

Does anyone know if 5/24 only applies to Experian (the CB that got pulled when I applied for CSR) or if its across all 3 CBs?

Thanks

All CBs.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CBartowski wrote:

Thanks

But do you have one or more accounts that report only to Experian?

Message 3 of 8
CBartowski
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CBartowski wrote:

Thanks

Going through my credit reports on LifeLock Chase is only on my Experian report. I think Citi and AMEX were only on my EX as well. 

CARDS:
USAA AMEX | $23,000 -- MB Boundless | $11,900 -- CFU | $3,600 -- PenFed Pathfinder | $10,000 -- MS Plat | NSL

BANKS:
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CBartowski wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CBartowski wrote:

Thanks

Going through my credit reports on LifeLock Chase is only on my Experian report. I think Citi and AMEX were only on my EX as well. 

I have never heard of Chase, Citi, or Amex only reporting to Experian . My accounts reported to all three. Are you sure you are looking at the accounts and not the inquiries section? The inquiry will only be on Experian  but the account itself will be on all three. Try looking at your TU and EQ report directly from annualcreditreport.com and not via lifelock.

Message 5 of 8
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@CBartowski wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CBartowski wrote:

Thanks

You've got something wrong somewhere, as all of these issuers routinely report to all 3 major CRAs.

When was the last time you requested each of your reports directly from each CRA individually in writing?  I don't mean consolidated reports from sites like freecreditreport.com. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 6 of 8
I_Love_Cards
Regular Contributor

It is the number of new accounts opened in the last 24 months.  The banks you've listed will report accounts to all 3 bureaus (the inquiries are usually on just one or 2, but the number of inquiries doesn't matter for 5/24-only how many accounts).  

Message 7 of 8
CBartowski
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CBartowski wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CBartowski wrote:

Thanks

I have never heard of Chase, Citi, or Amex only reporting to Experian . My accounts reported to all three. Are you sure you are looking at the accounts and not the inquiries section? The inquiry will only be on Experian  but the account itself will be on all three. Try looking at your TU and EQ report directly from annualcreditreport.com and not via lifelock.

You were 100% correct, thank you!

CARDS:

BANKS:
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.