cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AKC Card personalization

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Frequent Contributor

AKC Card personalization

I got an AKC Card that I love for the rewards but I was also super happy I’d be able to personalize it with my dog’s picture. It’s simple card- no chip, raised name and numbers but that was okay because it was gonna have my dog’s adorable face on it. The only problem is that I’ve had the card since July and can’t get it personalized. When I first got the card my first name was misspelled so ordered new one. Then when I got the second card I went to personalize it and the site said there was a technical problem and I should call them so I did. They said that maybe because there was just a replacement issued I had to wait 30 days. I waited 30+ days and tried again but it still didn’t work so I thought I’d wait until the second statement cut. The second statement cut yesterday and it still didn’t work so I called today and they troubleshot it for me without success. They are going to put in a request to have someone look into it for me. Unfortunately when I got off the phone I noticed my puppy had chewed up the magnetic strip on the card (which I had taken out in case they needed the number). I had to call back and request a third generic card. Smiley Sad
So my question is -am I just wasting my time? The only other person on MyFICO I heard mentioning personalizing this card also had technical problems and gave up on
It.
Has anyone gotten this card personalized and how long ago was that? Is it possible they just don’t do it anymore but just aren’t telling me?
Current Cards (in order they were approved with current limits):
Cap1 QS (plat.) $2750
Kohls $3K
Cap1 Savor $15K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards $2K
NFCU CashRewards $2K
Disco It #1 $5.3K
NFCU MoreRewards $4.5K
Cap1 Venture $30K
PenFed Gold $2K
Ollo Rewards $3.2K
Sync Amazon $10K
NASA FCU Platinum Cash Rewards $2K
Disco It #2 $7.5K
DCU Visa $10K
NFCU Flagship Rewards $15K
Sync Care Credit $15K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards #2 $39K
WF Propel $4K
Comenity AKC $10.5K
Apple (GS) $6.5K
BK 7 discharged July 2016

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Contributor

Re: AKC Card personalization

I wish I had a good answer for you, but Comenity, with handling this card, just seems to take a pretty ghetto approach for lack of a better word. Why are they issuing a card in 2019 with no chip? They're a major partner for many, many store/cobrand cards and they can't afford a chip? Beyond that, a lot of people had issues even applying for the AKC card because the site would crash during the application.

It doesn't surprise me that the personalization feature doesn't work as advertised. Comenity just being Comenity unfortunately.

Message 2 of 6
New Contributor

No clue on the AKC visa question, but just thought I would mention that my hideous comenity true value discover card issued in 7/2019 does not have a chip either.....ghettofab.

FICO 6.2019

TU - 797
EX - 779
EQ - 750 Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 6

Perhaps @B335is might have some insight.
Message 4 of 6
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Where can i get an AJC Visa? Id love to personalize it, thanksSmiley Happy
#ChaseCreditCardHobby Enthusiast
Message 5 of 6
Moderator Emeritus

You should be able to send them a picture of your pet and they will send you a new card.

I did it but that was over five years ago and it was a simple process. Sorry it doesn’t sound like that’s the case these days, Comenity employees don’t always seem to be empowered to do anything besides read from a script.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.