Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AKC Card program ending. :(

tag
Hex
Valued Contributor

Re: AKC Card program ending. :(

I never carry a balance on the card and didn't even have a pending charge this month. I did notice that language too and was a little annoyed. 

Message 31 of 35
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Ya language was weird.. never carry a balance nor had one in the last few months.  Biggest recent charge if you call it big was a few months ago for about 400 for my dog and paid it off about a week later

Message 32 of 35
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

DH just got letter, card closing 4/22/21 no mention of conversion . So I this would make me think they are just shutting the card down outright .

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 33 of 35
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Jnbmom wrote:

DH just got letter, card closing 4/22/21 no mention of conversion . So I this would make me think they are just shutting the card down outright .

Correct.  No option for conversion, unfortunately.

I knew it smelled just like the True Value program, which is why I hinted upthread a similar message was posted on their website once the letter confirmed the closure.  

Not surprised, though, as Comenity has been exiting a lot of partnerships given the current state of affairs in the retail sector and its collateral damage.  I'm wondering which one is next 🤔

Message 34 of 35
calyx
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Hex wrote:

I got my letter. They are closing my card April 22nd. They mention their MasterCard but they don't say they are sending me one. I don't want any new accounts so I won't be applying for it.3C2A7703-2931-4A49-9195-37C447475C7F.jpeg

"This communication is an attempt to collect a debt...."

For those with a $0 balance, does that appear in the letter?   And even those with a non-zero balance, as long as you are paying as agreed, it's not a debt to collect, so not sure that they should be saying that!

I mean, I had that language and I just assumed it was a boilerplate thing in all of their letters.
I PIF, I still *owe* them the money, so it's still debt, even if it's not past-due.

Moved all of my recurring spend over to other cards, cashed out my points, and paid off the full balance so I can close it when that clears.

I feel like I should go pour one out for my card.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.