Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Apps

tag
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

AMEX Apps

If you apply for two AMEX apps back to back is it only one HP or two?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Apps

There is no definitive answer to your question.  It is your YMMV thing.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

on 8/1/16 I apped for 2 cards, I was instant approved for the first and told they'd send a letter for the second, it was ultimately denied. I only got one hard pull from EX for that.

Message 3 of 5
awp317
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

on 8/1/16 I apped for 2 cards, I was instant approved for the first and told they'd send a letter for the second, it was ultimately denied. I only got one hard pull from EX for that.

Amex usually only soft pulls for a denial so that would have been the case most likely whether you did them back to back or years a part (if denied).

Amex Platinum NPSL I Chase Sapphire Reserve 78K I Chase Freedom U 55k I JP Morgan Ritz 50k I B OF A Cash Rewards 50k I Barclay Black Luxury 43,750 I Capital One QuickSilver 40K I Amex BCP 34k I Amex Optima Platinum 30k I Barclays Arrival+ World E 29k I Merril+ 27,800 I Lowes 25k I Pen Fed PR Visa Sig 20K I Home Depot 17k I NFCU Cash Rewards 8k

Amex Biz Platinum NPSL I Lowes Business 42k I Amex Simply Cash + $22,500 I Chase Ink 21K I B of A World Points $20,500 I B of A Bus MasterCard 16k I Amex SPG 3K.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@corymcd88 wrote:

If you apply for two AMEX apps back to back is it only one HP or two?

I've read on here that if you apply for a revolver and a charge in one day, it's a single pull from EX. I never had that luck. Every time I app, EX get pulled. My latest AMEX card, the SPG Preferred Guest, they actually pulled EX and EQ. That's the 1st time AMEX did a HP from EQ. So, I guess it depends on other credit factors.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.