Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BT

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX BT

@kilroy8 wrote:

I am a cautious fellow, but I wouldn't use AmEx for BTs or cash advances.

Especially if the relationship is new.

After you have been with them for some time, I think it is fine to use the "Plan It" feature, if given a no fee offer.

I totally Agree...I didn't use because I was under any sort of financial distress. I used it cause it was part of the BCE benefits and there was a pop-up mentioning any BT's had to be done during the first 60 days.....so I said WTHeg...My 0% ends in may 2021.

I did noticed the Plan It feature but I'd like to do more research on that later. Also I plan to take care of the BT $ in a couple months maybe 3.

Message 11 of 19
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@seattletravels wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@seattletravels wrote:

Take what you see on a simulator with a grain of salt.

Possibly a 1/4 of a grainSmiley Very Happy

Hmmm.... are we talking sea salt or table salt here?

Oof. I almost guessed that!

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another interesting note on the online account ( while we are on AmEx subject) , I click on the current card offers (whihc I thouhgt it was sometiung else not new CC's) and it offered me the BCP, Gold card and BCM (in that order).

Does that mean I prequalify?

If I select one of those,does that mean it's a HP or SP?

not that I need one but it was good to see the options

I got out of it w/o selecting any of them....I was worried about the silly simulator freaking me out Smiley Indifferent

Message 13 of 19
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

What was the language on that page? Preapproved or expand your membership? Additional cards with Amex are generally SP.

Message 14 of 19
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I'm not understanding this "dont do it"

If BT is offered and you need it, take it.

Dont play minimum payments game, and while the card is in promotional 0% APR, with 0% BT APR, make sure you pay off all the new charges each month, in addition to the payment that's being applied towards BT.

In your statement,  it will tell you when BT expires. Make sure your balance is $0.00 by that date. 

I'm not Amex fangirl, but they dont exactly eat babies and dont require sacrificial goats (that I know)

What's the point of having a lender you have to treat as gingerly as you would treat delicate butterfly. 

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@seattletravels wrote:

What was the language on that page? Preapproved or expand your membership? Additional cards with Amex are generally SP.

Hey @SeattleTravels, 

Now that you mention it, I'm not sure what it said. Caught me by surprise. but I will go back and look at it. if it's offered again Smiley Happy

I'm not as experience as some of you Peeps, but I'm getting there. You all have helped me thus far at one time or another and I appreciate it.

It's be good if it's SP, I'd like to get the BCM, even though the BCP catches my eye but I don't think I'm there yet with that much spend and AFSmiley Surprised

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios,

I'm with you on that one....If a company offers you a service and it's benefitial then the customer should be able to take it while its there. I'm in a time of life that if AmEx wants to play games, I'll drop them in a heartbeat. There is an ocean of CC's out there. I'm not into the status bus or if go on a date to show it off, thats not me....heck, I'll pay with my Secured $300 limit card (still have it to keep me grounded) just to see what she says Smiley Very Happy

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of Amex and to me it means a lot I was able to get in finally as It was a goal for me in my marathon but I also have other Goals to achieve after this and move on. Life boat is too short!

BTW- thanks for the advice , I do always pay more than the min. I have never had a BT so I'll see how this works with them and go from there. I'm sure I'll have paid off way before their expiration date.  just getting to know the field and gearing up to play their game. 

Message 17 of 19
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@seattletravels wrote:

Hey @SeattleTravels, 

Now that you mention it, I'm not sure what it said. Caught me by surprise. but I will go back and look at it. if it's offered again Smiley Happy

I'm not as experience as some of you Peeps, but I'm getting there. You all have helped me thus far at one time or another and I appreciate it.

It's be good if it's SP, I'd like to get the BCM, even though the BCP catches my eye but I don't think I'm there yet with that much spend and AFSmiley Surprised

Well good luck to you when you do! Please keep us up to date!

Message 18 of 19
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Remedios,

I'm with you on that one....If a company offers you a service and it's benefitial then the customer should be able to take it while its there. I'm in a time of life that if AmEx wants to play games, I'll drop them in a heartbeat. There is an ocean of CC's out there. I'm not into the status bus or if go on a date to show it off, thats not me....heck, I'll pay with my Secured $300 limit card (still have it to keep me grounded) just to see what she says Smiley Very Happy

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of Amex and to me it means a lot I was able to get in finally as It was a goal for me in my marathon but I also have other Goals to achieve after this and move on. Life boat is too short!

BTW- thanks for the advice , I do always pay more than the min. I have never had a BT so I'll see how this works with them and go from there. I'm sure I'll have paid off way before their expiration date.  just getting to know the field and gearing up to play their game. 

There is no harm in doing BT.

As long as you have a plan to pay it off on alotted time, and you stick with it, it will be okay.

If Amex hated BTs that much, they wouldn't offer them.

It's simply another way to bring more customers in. Dont "look" like you're about to default, and it's going to work just fine.

Good luck! 

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.