cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Backdating...How long does it take?UPDATE

tag
DI
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX Backdating...How long does it take?

I just logged in and this what my account says:

Welcome D I, member since 1997.
I am stoked!!!  Smiley Surprised

Message 21 of 97
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Major congrats, DI!

Good job!

Message 22 of 97
DI
Super Contributor

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

Major congrats, DI!

Good job!

Thanks!  Now, I have two reasons to make the drive to check my PO Box at the end of the month.  New card from AMEX and gift card from Kroger.  

Message 23 of 97
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@DI wrote:

Congrats!!!!!! Feels great, doesn't it? Smiley Very Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 24 of 97
DI
Super Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

@DI wrote:

Congrats!!!!!! Feels great, doesn't it? Smiley Very Happy

Thanks!  Yes, it feels great.  I cannot wait to see what it does to my AAoAs. 

Message 25 of 97
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

@DI wrote:

Using my CK AAoAs as an example which is 2yrs8mths,  since AMEX is back dating back 1997, which gives me 3 additional yrs of managing credit, what will my AAoAs be? 

Take the total number of months gained with that backdating, and divide that by the number of reported accounts.  That will give you the number of months added to your AAoAs.

For example, if that backdating adds 14 years to your history, that's 168 months.  If you currently have nine cards, divide that 168 by nine.  You'll add 18 months worth of age to your average age of accounts, which translates to 1.5 years.

Message 26 of 97
DI
Super Contributor

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

@DI wrote:

Using my CK AAoAs as an example which is 2yrs8mths,  since AMEX is back dating back 1997, which gives me 3 additional yrs of managing credit, what will my AAoAs be? 

Take the total number of months gained with that backdating, and divide that by the number of reported accounts.  That will give you the number of months added to your AAoAs.

For example, if that backdating adds 14 years to your history, that's 168 months.  If you currently have nine cards, divide that 168 by nine.  You'll add 18 months worth of age to your average age of accounts, which translates to 1.5 years.

Are you saying to only factor in credit card accounts or all of my accounts?  I have a total of 44 accounts being reported on EX. 

Message 27 of 97
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Holy moley!

Uh...can't help you there, DI.  Maybe just be patient and pull your report for the answer.

Want to guess my weight? 

Smiley Happy

Message 28 of 97
DI
Super Contributor

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

Holy moley!

Uh...can't help you there, DI.  Maybe just be patient and pull your report for the answer.

Want to guess my weight? 

Smiley Happy

Thanks!  Some of my accounts are duplicates.  I have several accounts like BOA  reporting  the card lost or stolen and they create a new tradeline eachtime. 

Message 29 of 97
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

DI wrote:  Thanks!  Some of my accounts are duplicates.  I have several accounts like BOA  reporting  the card lost or stolen and they create a new tradeline eachtime. 

Too much math for me today.  It is what it is anyways. 

You got a nice bump up in your AAoA.  Whatever that may be, just smile about it!  You did good.

Message 30 of 97
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.