Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Clear!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Clear!

Howdy Folks,

As most of you who know me. I am a huge AMEX lover. 

My goals this year were to get rid of all cards that I paid fees for, increase credit lines and help my husband secure AMEX cards in his name alone.

Well my friends.  I am done!  My husband was an AU on my Clear, Blue, Optima Plat, & Gold Rewards Plus.

Now he has his own One Card, Blue Cash and was approved for the Clear!  I am so happy for him.  He has NO clue he has the clear coming.  Last year when I got mines he applied and was declined. He really wanted that card.  Now he has it. I will wait for it to arrive in the mail.

No more credit cards!

The goal for 2008 is to allow accounts to age and credit line increases.  I think we have all the prime cards we can handle. 

I don't know his FICO scores so I can't tell you what they are.  I know when he got his first card it was in the mid 600. The first card was the Delta and it was converted.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Clear!

Congrats to hubby cajun!!!!!
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great news!  Done with a few weeks to spare!Smiley Very Happy
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Brammy!

You know your advice is invaluable!!!!

BRAMMY IN 08!!!
Message 4 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Clear is the one with somewhat higher APR's, but no fees for anything, right? And I think it's a bit harder to get than the others... Congrats to DCH! (dear cajun husband)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Blushy Girl 2 
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Hauling!

Yeah, I hear the Clear is harder to get then the Blue.  But I had no clue when I applied. I thought the card was pretty and it had no fees.. LOL

See what you learn on this message board.  No fees is always a good thing!  I really enjoy that feature. The rewards suck!  I will tell you that much. I think it's wacky. You have to spend $2500 for $25 dollars. 

But the APR for my card is pretty darn good.  I had a 0 APR for a year. It is less than 10 I think now. I have to check my paperwork. I rarely use the card. I use the gold to PIF or the Blue.

How is your daughter? Is she still in the Big Easy?
Message 7 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Still there, has a BF, and is now making noises about deferring enrollment in med school for a year to keep working there, if they can scrounge up a salary for her. She's living on donations at the moment. Doubtless a coincidence that BF has another year of student teaching to do in NOLA as well! Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Get out!  Hmm, amazing the timing of everything!!!!

At least she is young and has that freedom.  I remember living in NO.  WOW the memories!!!

You tell her THANK YOU for me.  I know my family appriecates and loves her for helping us out!

Message 9 of 10
dizzier
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Blushy Girl 2

lol why the thumbs down?

Until Chase lowers my ridiculously high APR they can kiss my patootie! Their card has been retired to the sockdrawer. Smiley Mad
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.