Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Delta Companion Ticket ?

tag
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

AMEX Delta Companion Ticket ?

Are there any AMEX or Delta CCs that still offer a mostly~free ( like $99, or $199 ) companion ticket ?   I thought that the Delta Reserve did, but after looking on AMEX's website I don't see any cards with this as a benefit....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Delta Companion Ticket ?

I believe they did away with this.

Message 2 of 10
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

http://www.delta.com/planning_reservations/plan_flight/online_reservations/companion_certificates/in...

Here's a blog post about getting the certificate.  Maybe you have to have the card to do all this, or maybe the eliminated it? http://boardingarea.com/blogs/deltapoints/2012/01/16/dont-forget-to-use-your-free-delta-air-lines-am...

According to this flyertalk thread, looks like still valid but something that Amex is not marketing as a benefit.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles/1320331-amex-companion-certs-discontinued.html

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 10
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

I have the Delta AMEX Gold, and did receive and use a companion certificate as recently as Dec. 2011. When you are eligible, you receive a email from AMEX with a code to be redeemed on Delta's website for the certificate.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 4 of 10
anderl
Frequent Contributor

+1

Amex Platinum Charge(NPSL); Starwood Amex Preferred CC(20K CL); Diners Club ELITE MC(20K);Diners Club Premier MC(20K,could've sworn the rep said 25k, oh well lol);Delta Amex Reserve CC(21K CL); Amex PRG Charge(NPSL); United Presidential Plus Chase World Elite MC (15K CL); AARP Chase Visa Signature(35K CL); NFCU Visa Platinum(20K CL) NFCU LOC(15K); NFCU Go Rewards MC(17.5K); Disover IT 7.8K;
First Tech Federal Visa Platinum(15K CL); Simmons First Visa Platinum(9K CL); Wells Fargo Visa Platinum(7.5K CL); CitiBank Sears MC(6K CL); JCPenney Card(7.5K CL); Lowes(2.5K CL);Barclays Mile & More Lufthansa 12.5K.
Message 5 of 10
drsmith
Frequent Contributor

As far as I know they all still offer it.

I was on the delta site a week ago planning my honeymoon and they offered me the delta card, and listed that as a benefit. 

Starting Score: 703
Current Score: EQ 820 4/11/16
Goal Score: 800

Message 6 of 10
ferrari
Regular Contributor

@emptypockets wrote:

I have the Delta AMEX Gold, and did receive and use a companion certificate as recently as Dec. 2011. When you are eligible, you receive a email from AMEX with a code to be redeemed on Delta's website for the certificate.

+1 and it costs $99

Message 7 of 10
MrShush
Valued Contributor

I lost my breath when someone mentioned this might be gone! Have plans for that ticket next year and dont mind paying full fare coach to get it.
Message 8 of 10
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Thanks everyone for the replies !!

I assumed that it had gone away just because there is no mention of it anywhere on AMEX's website.   I guess it must be a Delta benefit, but you would think they would promote it.

Does anyone know if the companion certificate is awarded when you first get the card ??  Or is it only after the first year ?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 9 of 10
drsmith
Frequent Contributor

I don't know about platinum or reserve, but you don't get one for the gold until after the first year

Starting Score: 703
Current Score: EQ 820 4/11/16
Goal Score: 800

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.