cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX GOLD Rewards & Wegmans (Supermarket)

tag
Tsarbomba
Established Member

AMEX GOLD Rewards & Wegmans (Supermarket)

Anyone know if American Express categorizes Wegmans as a "Supermarket" for the 2x points.

This is what I see for my Wegmans purchase:

-Category: Merchandise & Supplies - Groceries
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: AMEX GOLD Rewards & Wegmans (Supermarket)

Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 9.53.38 PM.png

Message 2 of 12
Tsarbomba
Established Member

Hey!!! Right on! thanks

Message 3 of 12
Tsarbomba
Established Member

Just reliazed Ive been monitoring my credit and a memeber here since 2009, and this was my first post! Geez.

Message 4 of 12
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Wegmans rocks! and yes all my cards code it as groceries. 

Message 5 of 12
Tsarbomba
Established Member

that's good to know. Thanks. Now time to go dormant for another 9 years. See ya then! lol

Message 6 of 12
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Tsarbomba wrote:

Just reliazed Ive been monitoring my credit and a memeber here since 2009, and this was my first post! Geez.

Thank you for finally posting!  Before the forums got redesigned it used to have the "Member Since" date next to the user names; I actually noticed someone else about a year ago made their first post after nearly a decade.  LOL

Message 7 of 12
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Tsarbomba wrote:

Thank you for finally posting!  Before the forums got redesigned it used to have the "Member Since" date next to the user names; I actually noticed someone else about a year ago made their first post after nearly a decade.  LOL

K...we can't all be AJC Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 12
Tsarbomba
Established Member

Its funny, Im on here actually alot reading peoples success stories and other money/credit woes. But its mostly just me going to forum. Even when I get an alert on my app for my monitoring I still refer back to safari to check the forums instead of clicking on forum from app. Not even sure that would auto log me in anyway.

Message 9 of 12
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

The very important thing to know about AMEX is that simply because a transaction codes as "groceries," that doesn't mean it's categorized as a "supermarket" for rewards purposes. The only way to know for sure is to check your rewards after they post two statements out. Or ask here and get confirmation here like the OP did from K-in-Boston. "Category: Merchandise & Supplies - Groceries" means next to nothing.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.