Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX-How to convert, get CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX-How to convert, get CLI

I just got approved for the AMEX Delta, what do I need to do say to get converted to a blue and get a CLI (Just Got approved as in today)
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX-How to convert, get CLI

Mods- can you merge threads? Just wondering as this question seems to be coming up quite a bit? Didn't know if you could do it...Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm new but will try...

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

call the number on the back of the card and ask csr to convert. don't ask for a cli unless you want to pass fr. if you still want to ask cli, do it in 30 days after activation.
good luck,

p.s. I must have wrote this hundred times. I thoink i will type this up and make a link on all my posts.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info, I apologize, I read that several times after posting it...it only has a $1000 limit, and if i read what you previously wrote, it shouldnt matter...right? As far as FR, not too concerned, earn 5-6k per month and have all current check stubs, however will wait 30 days per your advice..
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX is on to us...so better wait 30 days then ask for CLI. you can ask every 30 days. My GF just converted her card with a $1,000 limit to AMEX Blue Cash last week. So i think you should be ok. If they bugde.....call mornings to speak to an american CSR and say" product change" please.\

good luck.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ya, will wait the 30...I wont chance it, "product change" is the key word, great thanks!!Smiley Very Happy
Message 7 of 12
dangphuocloc72
Frequent Contributor

firemanjay
Smiley Happy I am same like you ,Montana help me a lot . I just call them for confirm Delta convert to blue cash , They say been done last night , Just wait 3 weeks for another card come . CL 1000 , I'll ask them CL up later Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 12
turninganewleaf
Regular Contributor

I just received my AMEX Delta Gold, called AMEX, asked for a "product change" to Blue Cash and was approved (after holding my breath and being on hold for 2-3 mins).  But, no AF and APR 13.24%!

Thanks everyone, esp Montana, for your numerous explanations as to how to do this! : )
FICO 8/5/10; TU 724, EQ 702
FICO 6/9/09: TU 669, EQ 658, EX ???
FICO 7/20/07: TU 540; EQ 595, EX 544
Message 9 of 12
turninganewleaf
Regular Contributor

Oh, and my Delta Gold CL was $1000

turninganewleaf wrote:
I just received my AMEX Delta Gold, called AMEX, asked for a "product change" to Blue Cash and was approved (after holding my breath and being on hold for 2-3 mins).  But, no AF and APR 13.24%!

Thanks everyone, esp Montana, for your numerous explanations as to how to do this! : )

FICO 8/5/10; TU 724, EQ 702
FICO 6/9/09: TU 669, EQ 658, EX ???
FICO 7/20/07: TU 540; EQ 595, EX 544
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.