Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Platinum Concierge

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Platinum Concierge

Those of you with the Amex Platinum card, have any of you guys ever tried using the concierge service? What requests have you done or heard of people doing, any stories? Are there any tips and "secrets" of the ins and outs of using the concierge service that some of us should know? Apparently its a free complimentary service, I'm wondering whats the best way to make use of it! 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Platinum Concierge

I don't like it. I used it several times. Every time I had to tell them my full card number because their system doesn't seem to save it. 

Anyways, for restaurant reservations, I think it's not as good as Visa infinite- it takes them a while to get back to you. 

I also called regarding the complimentary +1 for business class flights. It wasn't worth it, cost more compared to booking yourself. 

This is just my opinion. I have better service thru CSR's visa infinite concierge. 

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't used it but I know there is a thread on here or maybe it was flyer talk with good data from a guy who use to work there. It's worth looking up. 

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I email them to save time, and that has been fairly helpful. They usually get back to me within a few hours.
Message 4 of 16
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

I've used them on a number of occasions for getting into restaurants with waits regardless of whether or not it was on their list. I've also had them track down a bottle of Eiswein the SO enjoyed on a trip to Germany as well as finding a stainless Series 2 Apple Watch that day when all sites and locations listed them as back ordered.

Message 5 of 16
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Those of you with the Amex Platinum card, have any of you guys ever tried using the concierge service? What requests have you done or heard of people doing, any stories? Are there any tips and "secrets" of the ins and outs of using the concierge service that some of us should know? Apparently its a free complimentary service, I'm wondering whats the best way to make use of it! 

I've used it for restaurant reservations. They can't work miracles and it does take them awhile to get back to you. I find it easier to just do it myself. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've only ever called them to obtain some Hamilton Tickets. Other than that, I haven't really tried. I guess if there was an emergency, I'd give them a go... I can do most stuff by myself though Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have used them and thought it was a good experience.

Message 8 of 16
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I've used it for restaurant reservations. They can't work miracles and it does take them awhile to get back to you. I find it easier to just do it myself. 

I've had mixed success.  For just regular reservation I'm 50/50 on Amex having more success than I do calling direct..  But I've had some semi miraculous success on Xmas eve and NYE reservations.

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

good insight so far.....looks like its nothing spectacular however. 

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.