Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Recon Attempt

tag
Emdee_MD
New Contributor

AMEX Recon Attempt

I applied back in Feb. for Amex BCE and was declined. and I never knew a Recon was even an option for me and I had not even found this site or read much on the topic. At the time I had a few things I wanted to accomplish, i.e. waiting for INQ to fall off, and wait for 1 derog to fall off this June, and add a little AAoA to my TL's. However I heard charge cards were a little easier to get approved for; the other day I applied for a Amex PRG. Was also turned down. My intention was to establish some kind of relationship with AMEX so they could see despite the few problems with my CR that I am fixing that I am still a responsible credit user.

Long story short, I spent a few days putting together a reconsideration letter for them. Crossing my fingers, threw it in the mailbox yesterday. >Smiley Indifferent now only time will tell.

Anyway; back to my rainy day.

NFCU Flagship - 24k; CapOne Venture - 12k; Chase Slate - 9k; Chase Sapphire - 7.5k; NFCU NavChek - 5k; Amex BCE - 6.5k; Discover IT - 6k; BarClays - 9k;
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
longtermgardener
New Contributor

Re: AMEX Recon Attempt

After being denied twice for AMEX costco, I was able to successfully recon by calling EO. I would suggest you to call 1-800-297-1697. They will ask you to fax your latest EX report which I did next day and was approved for $15K my highest limit so far.

Wallet : AMEX Costco TE 23k, BoFA 123 Visa Signature $12.5k, Marriott rewards $5k, Discover IT $1.7k, Walmart Discover $5.5k, Cap 1 Platinum $1500, Amazon $2000

Scores: EQ 712(9/28/13), EX 728 (9/28/13), TU 717 (Credit Karma 10/26/13), TU 753 Walmart (9/03/13)
Last app : 9/28/2013
Message 2 of 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Good luck to you!!! Smiley Happy

AMEX is tough on recons but if you can prove inaccuracies on their denial reasons they will overturn.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 12
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Good luck to you!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 4 of 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
Good luck to you!!! Smiley Happy

AMEX is tough on recons but if you can prove inaccuracies on their denial reasons they will overturn.

+1 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 12
Emdee_MD
New Contributor

I guess my biggest fear of doing a recon over the phone is getting caught off guard by a question. I felt like I could be better prepared if I ran through my CR and their denial letter and explained everything. Then for them to be able to ask the questions and throw me off. Which do you think would offer a better chance?

NFCU Flagship - 24k; CapOne Venture - 12k; Chase Slate - 9k; Chase Sapphire - 7.5k; NFCU NavChek - 5k; Amex BCE - 6.5k; Discover IT - 6k; BarClays - 9k;
Message 6 of 12
Emdee_MD
New Contributor

So I tried my best to forget I sent the recon letter so that time would pass, but I have gone home every day from work and raced to the mailbox. Hoping I would see something from AMEX. I am about to leave work today, and I thought, maybe ill check the online status of accounts. I login, fill out the ID verification stuff, and the App Status is showing as "IN PROGRESS". "We will notify you once your application has been processed, or if we need additional information. If you wish to view an electronic communication of your decision details once we have made a decision, click here". 

I hope this is a good sign!

Message 7 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 8 of 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Emdee_MD wrote:

So I tried my best to forget I sent the recon letter so that time would pass, but I have gone home every day from work and raced to the mailbox. Hoping I would see something from AMEX. I am about to leave work today, and I thought, maybe ill check the online status of accounts. I login, fill out the ID verification stuff, and the App Status is showing as "IN PROGRESS". "We will notify you once your application has been processed, or if we need additional information. If you wish to view an electronic communication of your decision details once we have made a decision, click here". 

I hope this is a good sign!

Good luck fingers crossed

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 9 of 12
shanac
Frequent Contributor

Good luck!

iPhone. iTypos. iApologize

Current Score: EQ FICO 764 TU FICO 776 EX FICO 753
Goal Score: 800
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.