Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Triple Pull!

tag
OhioCPA
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX Triple Pull!

The normal scenario is a HP on EX if approved for the second card, so doubtful that it would be three pulls. I was declined on three pulls in May 2010 for the Delta card. The following month one pull only for approval on the Green card. The rest of my cards have come with one HP on EX.

________________________________________________________________________________
Message 11 of 15
Sophiamarie
New Contributor

About the 3X CLI after 61 days, does anyone know if it's better to call or apply online? Or should I wait more than that? I mean they pulled my 3 reports, meaning theyre not comfortable with me, so I was wondering if I should stay under the radar for awhile?

EXP 725 (Amex) EQ 678 TU 735
Message 12 of 15
Sophiamarie
New Contributor

I should add that I am not in a hurry for that 3X CLI ... Chase gave me 5K, Discover 3K and BofA 2K ... I am a student so my credit is more than good enough right now.

EXP 725 (Amex) EQ 678 TU 735
Message 13 of 15
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@mustangy wrote:
congrats they hard pulled me on all 3 to. do they hard pull all 3 again for second card ? any one knows it ?

If you still have borderline credit yes, another 3 HPs.

Message 14 of 15
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@OhioCPA wrote:

The normal scenario is a HP on EX if approved for the second card, so doubtful that it would be three pulls. I was declined on three pulls in May 2010 for the Delta card. The following month one pull only for approval on the Green card. The rest of my cards have come with one HP on EX.

Anecdotally I think any borderline application, including for current Amex cardholders, can result in multiple pulls.

I would agree that statistically and even more likely historically that this was the case, but with Amex's lowering their underwriting requirements, and some of us (me among others) getting more aggressive with our applications and taking some shots which we might be borderline on, Amex doing multiple pulls for applications is likely to be more common going forward.  

Also we've seen where a second application resulted not only a HP on mulitple bureaus but also a denial.  Amex isn't 100% SP denial, HP approval, there's that grey area for almost but not quite apps which appear to result in additional pulls.  

        
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.