Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Zync Membership Rewards (Express?)

tag
BP2003
Regular Contributor

AMEX Zync Membership Rewards (Express?)

Can the membership rewards points from an AMEX Zync be linked and redeemed directly through Amazon like the AMEX Green/Gold/Plat?  Thanks!

***From ashy to classy***
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
andre181
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX Zync Membership Rewards (Express?)

Yep! I do it with my Zync all the time.

If my math is correct, each point is approximately $0.69 on Amazon

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have to have another card eligible for membership rewards. It won't work unless you can tie the purchase to one of the other charge or credit cards that is part of membership rewards.

Message 3 of 12
BP2003
Regular Contributor

@andre181 wrote:

Yep! I do it with my Zync all the time.

If my math is correct, each point is approximately $0.69 on Amazon

Thanks for the response!!! That is golden news!!!  I've got a Premier Gold that I use for a general purchases (Gas & Groceries) and I get atleast $50-$70 worth of free crap from Amazon every other month.

After looking at the Zync card, and looking at what my wife and I spend on Gym memberships, Cell Phones, Cable/Internet, and eating out, I couldn't resist adding the respective "packs" and app'ing for the Zync. (For whatever reason, it took 24 hours and a phone call, but it got approved)

***From ashy to classy***
Message 4 of 12
xlr8d
Frequent Contributor

congrats! I love mine

Starting Score: EQ 515 TU 490 EXfaco 510
Current Score: EQ 660 TU 665 EXplus 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 12
andre181
Established Contributor

@kilpela wrote:

You have to have another card eligible for membership rewards. It won't work unless you can tie the purchase to one of the other charge or credit cards that is part of membership rewards.

That is not true in my experience. Both my Zync and Blue are both express rewards cards and I am able to do so, and I was doing it before I got my Blue and only had Zync.

Congrats to the OP! The Zync is a great card for such a low annual fee!

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 6 of 12
chan85
Established Contributor

Do you link to Amazon by the shopAmex site?? I didn't know that was an option and I would love to do that with my Zync points!

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 7 of 12
andre181
Established Contributor

@chan85 wrote:

Do you link to Amazon by the shopAmex site?? I didn't know that was an option and I would love to do that with my Zync points!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/shopwithpoints/marketing.html?inc=swpamex&pr=swpamex

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

andre181 wrote:

That is not true in my experience. Both my Zync and Blue are both express rewards cards and I am able to do so, and I was doing it before I got my Blue and only had Zync. 

Really? I tried and I could link it but it says I have no cards elegible for use and that I need a card with membership reward points. How did you link your account? 

Message 9 of 12
andre181
Established Contributor

I just used that link that I posted above. It worked fine for me.

Here is some proof that it can be done, look at the account numbers:

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.