Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Zync

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

AMEX Zync

OK, let me start this off by saying I know full well it is not a good time to app right now.It's best to wait.

But im **bleep** itching to app for this card!!!! I have 2 baddies (1paid, 1not) im goign to pay the other one off this week. By mid july these 2 should be removed from my EX CR. my PLUS score is 660 now. I have 4 inq's with EX.

Good or bad idea to app like 1st of Aug? (I'll have 3 CC's reporting excluding zync)

And having a Credit One card would that hurt my chances?

Ill hold off longer if its a bad idea but I WANT this card!!! LOL

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: AMEX Zync

http://www.plasticiq.com/blog/american-express-zync-card-review/

Interesting review of the card.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

OK after futher review and looking into some FICO future indicators im going to hold on to the 3 CC's i currently have. New card would do damage.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 13
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Thanks for that plasticiq site, I just spent at least a half hour on it, LOL.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 13
Alcibiades
Contributor

It's funny, I've used this card for a month and people keep saying "Ooh a white Amex, never seen this before." I keep telling them it's not that special of a card but reactions keep coming in. I've used a gold card before a lot and got no similar reaction. Not even the Platinum card seems to get the "layman" reaction like the Zync. It seems that after two years on the market this card is still pretty rare / underutilized. actually before i got one I never saw one being used either
Message 5 of 13
drsmith
Frequent Contributor

I swipe credit cards for a living and I've never seen a Zync

Starting Score: 703
Current Score: EQ 820 4/11/16
Goal Score: 800

Message 6 of 13
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

I work in a business that accept CCs on a daily basis and I rarely seen Amex. Mainly Visa/Master/Discover and I have never seen a Zync card.

Message 7 of 13
drsmith
Frequent Contributor

I see at least 30% AmEx

That's probably because most people think AmEx provides car rental insurance. That always makes me laugh btw

Starting Score: 703
Current Score: EQ 820 4/11/16
Goal Score: 800

Message 8 of 13
Open123
Super Contributor

The Zync is a great card if purchases are limited to the double point packs chosen.  The Eco pack is nice, since it confers double the points for Costco purchases.

Aside from that, I enjoy using this card since it always illicits a nice reaction.  "Oh, I've seen the Black, but never the white!"  Or, "it shimmers in the background."  My personal favorite was when business associate remarked, "is that the Tiffany card?" 

Message 9 of 13
slg
New Contributor

Does Amex look down on inquiry's? I was dumb and regretfully applied for the hooters card a while ago and I wonder if they would deny just for that.
BCE 12800, bofa travel rewards 8k, Barclays apple 6200, Macy's 2000, Macy's Amex 3200, merrick bank 300 , Victoria secret 1350, jcrew 1350
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.