Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX question

tag
Gibran
Frequent Contributor

AMEX question

Hey gang, haven't posted in a while..My amex zync will be 6 months old in Nov and I was wanting to apply for a Delta Skymiles card, should I do it online or call and speak with a CSR?? Thanks for any feedback

AMEX Platinum NPSL | AMEX Zync NPSL | AMEX Delta Platinum $4000 | Travelocity Amex $4000 | CapOne No Hassle Rewards $2500 | BBRZ MC $800 | Local CU Visa $1000 | Kay $2000 | Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve $5000 | Chase Marriott Rewards $5000 | BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa $7000 | Discover IT $1000
In the garden until 10/2014
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
mauwow0682
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX question

Personally, I would call. Its better because you're dealing with a person and if for some reason you're declined its easier to do a recon.

Starting Score: 620 FAKO
Current Score: FICO TU 715 (wal-mart) FICO EQ 692
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 17
Gibran
Frequent Contributor

That was my thinking also, wanted to get a second opinion though, hopefully I won't get declined. I've been putting everything through my zync so it definitely shows alot of usage on my account and no lates up to this point....Thanks Smiley Happy

AMEX Platinum NPSL | AMEX Zync NPSL | AMEX Delta Platinum $4000 | Travelocity Amex $4000 | CapOne No Hassle Rewards $2500 | BBRZ MC $800 | Local CU Visa $1000 | Kay $2000 | Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve $5000 | Chase Marriott Rewards $5000 | BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa $7000 | Discover IT $1000
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm thinking of doing the same thing, keep us posted.

Message 4 of 17
O-day
New Contributor

I want to do the same thing but i want to wait a year to be on the safe side and i also have way to many inquires...5, also one  question will they hard pull or soft pull when ever i do apply? any one know?

Message 5 of 17
Gibran
Frequent Contributor

I've read on various threads here that if you already have an account with them, they do a soft pull. That's just what I've read here.

Message 6 of 17
O-day
New Contributor

that will be awesome, thanks

Message 7 of 17
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

It's probably going to be a hard pull by Amex. The only way to know for sure is to call to apply.

I tried to do a product change last week from my Cash Rebate CC (some no longer issued product) to the Hilton HHonors CC. For some reason you can't PC from a non-airline/hotel card to an airline/hotel card.

Instead of a PC, online they treated it as a new application. So, I now have 3 Amex CCs and they did a hard pull before the issued the card.

I've been fighting to get the hard pull reversed for the past week -- it's been escalated from rep to supervisor (and apparently a team of supervisors reviewed my call) to some resolutions team. I'm supposed to hear from the resolutions team within the week.

Sadly, even though I have a 793 EX Fico, if the result of the resolutions team doesn't go my way I'm going to send a letter to the CEO/President of Amex. I was actually successful in having a hard turned into a soft at Scottrade for my wife in the past three months with this letter. So, we'll see what happens.

The only reason I'm fighting a stupid hard inquiry is because I didn't intend nor did I think I was applying for new credit with Amex.

Message 8 of 17
O-day
New Contributor

wow that blows, but goodluck with ur inquiry dispute, i didnt know u can really do that

Message 9 of 17
CrdtLrnr
New Contributor

@O-day wrote:

I want to do the same thing but i want to wait a year to be on the safe side and i also have way to many inquires...5, also one  question will they hard pull or soft pull when ever i do apply? any one know?

I've been an AMEX member since 1989.  My recent Blue Cash application was a hard pull.  I asked about it and the CSR told me that they hard pull all applications for new cards.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.