Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX!!!

tag
Crystalsicles
Established Member

AMEX!!!

Currently, I have a $2000 CL on my AMEX BCE. I want to ask for a CLI but Im afraid of being rejected. I tried the 61 day thing back around the end of April, but I was denied. However, I only had one statement cut during that time, I had a balance, and I wasnt using the card at all. Fast forward to now and I've been using the card a regularly and I dont have a balance. (I just paid the balance off today). How long should I wait b4 I ask for a CLI again?

LB/WFNNB (Opened- 12/06) Capital One Platinum (Opened- 7/06) AMEX (Opened- 2/12) Chase Freedom (Opened- 2/12) GE/Havertys (Opened 8/12)
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX!!!

If you've applied after 61 days for a CLI, I believe your next wait period is 6 months thereafter.

Caveat: I could be wrong Smiley Wink

AmEx Platinum - AmEx BCP - Chase Freedom - NFCU Platinum - Chase Amazon Prime - Citi Costco - Citi Best Buy
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think Amex requires 6 months from your last successful CLI, but only 3 months from a failed CLI.

Message 3 of 11
Crystalsicles
Established Member

So I shouldn't app? Its been 3 months since the last request (unsuccessful).

LB/WFNNB (Opened- 12/06) Capital One Platinum (Opened- 7/06) AMEX (Opened- 2/12) Chase Freedom (Opened- 2/12) GE/Havertys (Opened 8/12)
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Crystalsicles wrote:

So I shouldn't app? Its been 3 months since the last request (unsuccessful).

I think you should be fine to ask again if you want to.  Even if it's not been long enough, I can't imagine asking now would "reset the clock".  

Message 5 of 11
DrJim
Frequent Contributor

Were you given reasons for the denial?  If so, what were they?

If you are not eligible they will tell you.  No harm, no foul.

Regarless, it's a soft pull so I would say give them a call today!

Starting Score: TU 672 EQ 654 10/20/09
Current Score: TU 775 EQ 783 EX 799 (PLUS)
AMEX Delta Platinum $35K, NFCU Visa Signature $30K, HHonors Reserve Visa $35K, WF $13.5K, IHG Rewards Club MC $25K
Message 6 of 11
Crystalsicles
Established Member

Went for it this morning and now I have a $6000 Credit Limit!!! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 11
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Nice,  Congrats!

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 8 of 11
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Crystalsicles wrote:

Went for it this morning and now I have a $6000 Credit Limit!!! Smiley Happy

Congrats!!  Nice CLI!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 9 of 11
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

That's terrific!  Congrats on your increase!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.