cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUTHORIZED USER HISTORY doesn't help, the way most think?

tag
4yearsin

AUTHORIZED USER HISTORY doesn't help, the way most think?

So i have 4 different AU from older family members

There  2 store cards and 2 Reg CC.

They are all over 15yr+ limits from cl3000-15000

On the opened date is the old date

but under payment history it only starts since added since AU. So 1-2 years of payment history

i'm assuming not having 15 years of payment history would cause a big issue.

When i got my second card after 6 mo of first card. I still got denied for subprime card

with reason being they wanted me to wait another 6 mo until card was 1 year.

So did the 4-AU 15yr+ had no help in getting approved? I feel

it shows up in AAoA but CC secrectly remove most of AU benefits for App

I mean I have my own cards over 4 years. but still new file,

Main reason I ask was because i was gonna add 2 of my fathers CC as AU that has 20+yr history

but will it looked at as a negative since i already have 4AU.  I know piggybacking doesnt

work like it did pre 08 crisis, that i am sure of or was it always the same? NFCU comes to mind

5 REPLIES 5
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: AUTHORIZED USER HISTORY doesn't help, the way most think?

Nowadays it all depends on the issuer.    For a number of reasons some issuers nowadays either partially or entirely discount those accounts where the applicant is an authorized user when evaluating credit worthiness, since authorized users bear no responsibility for servicing the debt. 

That doesn't translate to a "don't do it",  it's more like needing to be aware that at a high level the positive impact is variable.  You also need to be aware of potential scoring penalties with some scoring models that are associated with for example high utilization and having  exactly 0 accounts which name you as an authorized user currently reporting a balance. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 6
4yearsin

is there any DP that tell which issuers

take part in to what effect or maybe just the AaoA take effect.

Im sure its know NFCU doesnt cauculate AU really at all and have there own internal system

I think SYNCH def. does take AU into effect due to them more AI approval system.

( the only way i can explain them offering me 35kcl with unpaid collection at the time)

I wish there was a system on how each issue responss to diffrent profile?

Like Citi being overly inq sensitive and chase with there 5/24 rule.

Unless this list does excist and will save me lots of hour of research.

Thanks for the help... any suggestions going foward would be great too

such as going for a diffrent issuer that will approve rather then just applyng for CSP knowing i will be denied.

Message 3 of 6
4yearsin

also I would never add a AU if i thought had a chance of them carring a high balance long term.

Which reminds one of my DISCOVER AU will carry a 20% util for a few months BT OFFER

With this APPS coming on should i dispute on CR to get deleted?possible right?

or is the 18+yr loss of age effect too much with these new accounts apps.

Message 4 of 6
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

There isn't any kind of definitive list.  The developers of the different proprietary scoring models whether available for licensure by 3rd parties or for only internal use don't disclose their algorithms so much of what we know, or think we know, is based upon a large number of data points.

On what basis would you be filing a dispute with a CRA for a Discover card simply because it is legitimately reporting 20% utilization?

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 5 of 6
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

There isn't any kind of definitive list.  The developers of the different proprietary scoring models whether available for licensure by 3rd parties or for only internal use don't disclose their algorithms so much of what we know, or think we know, is based upon a large number of data points.

On what basis would you be filing a dispute with a CRA for a Discover card simply because it is legitimately reporting 20% utilization?

I think they're asking if they should dispute the AU account to remove themselves from it.

@4yearsin, as mentioned above, there's no list anywhere, and no amount of research will give you a concrete answer. It's all a mystery. But it is fairly well known that many issuers nowadays discount AU accounts- particularly if addresses don't match. 

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.