Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Authorized User to Walmart Card Help

tag
rob3gd
Established Member

Adding Authorized User to Walmart Card Help

So today, I added my sister to my Chase Freedom and Walmart card. Both only asked me for her first and last name. I asked Chase if they would report to the credit reporting agencies and he told me probably and they would find my sister using her first and last name. How could this be? Yes, she is my sister, but we have different addresses and she never lived with me. What if I wanted o ad a friend, how would they find he/she? I dont know...

Is there anybody with experience that can tell me some information? Anyone ever added an authorized user with only the first/last name and that person not living nor ever did live with you?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Adding Authorized User to Walmart Card Help

I would pull a report for your sister in a month and see if it successfully reported.

Thats all thwy wanted was name? That doesn't seem fullproof to me!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 4
josie
Regular Contributor

I added my son in January, Walmart and capital one is showing on his credit report.
Started over because life happens.
I did it again even better this time. My highest score last time was 680

Starting Score: 513 Ex 520 Eq 534 Tu
Current Score: 689 Ex 684 Eq 698 Tu
Goal Score: 740

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 4
blk8
Regular Contributor

Your current address will have to be listed somewher on her credit files for each bureau for it to work properly. I was an AU on my parents account a while back, it only reflected on my EX cause it still had their address from a while back listed.

Your only other option would be for your friend to update her address to yours ... with one of her creditors, or somebody that reports to her CR.

FICO: EX 662 | EQ 670 | TU 681
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.