Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ahhhhh! Canceled ALL subprime cards!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahhhhh! Canceled ALL subprime cards!

Smiley HappyI just want to say thanks to these forums! Yall are truly awesome! Canceled my Indigo, CreditOne, Merrick, and CapitalOne QS1, and Platinum cards today! I just hit 60k in available credit, and even after the cancelations I will be at 11% utilization. 1 week ago I bought a 2020 Taurus limited @ my lowest APR of 2.56%! Just to think that 3 years ago I bought a 2003 Grand Prix at a 24% APR, and couldn't borrow even with a secured card! It feels good! Starting scores in 2018. Fico 08 TU-399, EQ-410, EX-430!

Today..... TU-737, EQ-740 EX-710!

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: Ahhhhh! Canceled ALL subprime cards!

Congrats!  That's a great feeling!

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 2 of 29
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your success! Looks like you have done very well.

Message 3 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

The best feeling! 👍Thanks! It was ALL due to rolling up my sleeves and making a decision, and while everyone around me logged into social media. I logged into these forums!

Message 4 of 29
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The best feeling! 👍Thanks! It was ALL due to rolling up my sleeves and making a decision, and while everyone around me logged into social media. I logged into these forums!

MyFICO is the new FaceBook. Smiley Wink Congrats on an awesome milestone! That's one heck of a comeback you've had! 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 5 of 29
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous Congrats on canceling ALL your subprime cards . . . You should feel good as you have accomblished great success and serves as a mentor to those struggling -but- seeking to rebuild. Thank you for sharing your success story as the myFICO forum family cares!!!

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 6 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

It certainly is! I was on the edge of filing bankruptcy in 2018, after my job suddenly shipped off to Mexico out of nowhere. $40k in debt, and 22 negative item across all 3 reports. I got another great job. Got on my feet. Started hawking these forums after getting a Myfico account. Started with one debt at a time, and started negotiating hard for pay to deletes! They all said they couldn't at first, but eventually money talked, and they agreed in writing! All but 2. Creditacceptance and Wells Fargo. Payed them both. Then disputed heavy for a year. They finally cracked and persistence payed off! All 22 gone. 40k gone! And I'm back in the saddle again!!!!!!

Message 7 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your journey and cutting away the anchors that held you back!

Message 8 of 29
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your success!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 9 of 29
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It certainly is! I was on the edge of filing bankruptcy in 2018, after my job suddenly shipped off to Mexico out of nowhere. $40k in debt, and 22 negative item across all 3 reports. I got another great job. Got on my feet. Started hawking these forums after getting a Myfico account. Started with one debt at a time, and started negotiating hard for pay to deletes! They all said they couldn't at first, but eventually money talked, and they agreed in writing! All but 2. Creditacceptance and Wells Fargo. Payed them both. Then disputed heavy for a year. They finally cracked and persistence payed off! All 22 gone. 40k gone! And I'm back in the saddle again!!!!!!

Wow, this a great comeback story.

Very impressive, back in the saddle indeed! 

Thanks for posting your story!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.