Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant CU application review

tag
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

Alliant CU application review

hi guys...i just applied to open an account with Alliant CU but got a Notice of Adverse Action.  I called them to find out what that meant and the rep I spoke with said that he did not see that my application was denied, so at this point, it just needs to be reviewed by one of their rep.  Has anyone gone through this type of review?  can you share info as far as what documentation was asked from you?

helpful info i got from them....another rep i spoke with verified that they pull exclusively EQ for membership and cc.  the rep said it did not matter where in the US you were, they only use EQ.  and helpful as far as applying for cc, she told me that to be approved, EQ FICO score has to be at least 670 or better.  i also verified if there was another variant type of score they use and she said just the FICO.  also, they let you apply for a cc with a joint owner and you don't even need a joint account with that joint owner.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
castlefox
Regular Contributor

Re: Alliant CU application review

Did you submit an application to join Alliant CU or did you apply for a credit card?   You need to be a member to be elligable for their credit cards. 
If you are already a memeber with Alliant you are provided with an updated quarterly FAKO Vantage Score.

When I applied for a CC I did it over the phone.   They asked me how much I paid on rent/morgage per month.  He also asked me how much money I made, and how many hours I worked.   I got approved for 1,000 CL at 10.3APR.  As long as I sent him a copy of my check stub to prove my earning.     (it was my first real credit card).  At the time (6months ago I had a shell card with a 400CL at 24% APR.  And I owed like 11,000 in student loans.  No other revolving lines of credit except a Kols card that was closed that had a CL of 1,000.  I had 3 inquries in the last 6months at the time of approval.    I have paid off all of my student loans now.) 

My CC game in the mail like 2 weeks later.    The dude said I had a credit score of 700 but idk if that was a FAKO or what.  

I hope that helped a little bit......

They might let you apply for a CC with a joint owner but it would have prolly helped your chaces if you had your own account.

MyFICO score- Equifax - 12.03.11 - 780 Experian 12.03.11 - 763
(FAKO Scores) EXP PLUS Score Dec 2011. 748
Advanced Risk Score 2.0 (NextGen) 793 Dec 2010
Vantage Score (2011) MAR = 771 Jun = 771 Sept= 788 Dec= 773
2012 MAR = 782 JUN=783 Dec = 789
2013 Mar-796 Jun-799 Dec- 797
Message 2 of 7
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

i applied for a membership.  my plan was to open an account and then apply for their rewards cc once the account is up and running.  and since my application for an account is in review...i'll have to wait to apply for the cc.  oh well... i was told when i called that since weekend coming up, the soonest i will probably hear back is on monday.

Message 3 of 7
castlefox
Regular Contributor

I belive they run a "chex" check on all new people trying to go apply for membership with alliant.    I belive they do that to so that they can avoid people with check fraud and other bad stuff people do with checking account.    Im not sure what other type of infformation would be on a chex background check.

Im not sure if these website is the same thing or a scam website  https://www.consumerdebit.com/consumerinfo/us/en/index.htm

Apparently you can get a free consumer report every 12months.  Again idk how legit that website is....      https://www.consumerdebit.com/consumerinfo/us/en/chexsystems/report/index.htm

I also found this.  https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/ChexSystems

MyFICO score- Equifax - 12.03.11 - 780 Experian 12.03.11 - 763
(FAKO Scores) EXP PLUS Score Dec 2011. 748
Advanced Risk Score 2.0 (NextGen) 793 Dec 2010
Vantage Score (2011) MAR = 771 Jun = 771 Sept= 788 Dec= 773
2012 MAR = 782 JUN=783 Dec = 789
2013 Mar-796 Jun-799 Dec- 797
Message 4 of 7
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

yeah i think my chex report is good.  i mean there was a point in time about 10 years ago that there were some banks did not approve me to open an account with them.  but that has since passed.  i knew my chex report wasn't hurting me anymore when my original CU closed my checking account (again 10 or so years ago when my credit started to tank) and they would not give me anything else but a savings account.  then finally, after a few years, i applied again for the free checking was given it just like that.

but yeah...they already did a HP on my EQ report.

Message 5 of 7
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

@TravellingNomad wrote:

yeah i think my chex report is good.  i mean there was a point in time about 10 years ago that there were some banks did not approve me to open an account with them.  but that has since passed.  i knew my chex report wasn't hurting me anymore when my original CU closed my checking account (again 10 or so years ago when my credit started to tank) and they would not give me anything else but a savings account.  then finally, after a few years, i applied again for the free checking was given it just like that.

but yeah...they already did a HP on my EQ report.

You should order a free copy of your Chex report and see exactly what's on there at this point.  There could be errors, and Alliant is big on Chex and will deny membership if there's anything they don't like on there. 

Message 6 of 7
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

i ordered a copy of my report last week.  they said it takes 5 business days.  it should've came already.  hopefully i get it soon so i can see what's on my chex report

update...

just got today's mail and my chex report was in there.  sad to say it was boring to look at.  aside from inquiries from my bank when i ordered checks and when they were processing my account application, there was nothing else in there.  i guess i can breathe better knowing that Alliant will see the same boring information

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.