Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Altitude Reserve Targeted Mail Spend Offer

tag
digitek
Established Contributor

Altitude Reserve Targeted Mail Spend Offer

Just got this in the mail from US Bank about my Altitude Reserve card.

It is for 20% more points on purchases after you have spent $6600 on it, up to 2000 points. The spending time period is from June 1 through July 31. It is worded strangely, though, in that it says you "will be awarded a bonus .2 point per dollar spent". This makes it sound like no matter what the spend is on or reward category you will only get .2 extra points per dollar, not really 20% more points. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but if I use it for Mobile Wallet and get x3 points, I would get 3.2 points and not 3.6 points which would be 20% more actual points than x3.

Have to enroll with a promo code that is in there.

So long story short they will give you $20 if you spend something like $16660 in 2 months. Actually closer to $30 I guess if you redeem at x1.5 through the portal or Real Time Rewards.

Their timing sucks I don't have any big purchases planned for a long time, I just got done putting a lot of spend on this card in the last few months and that might be why they sent me the offer.

20210528_170634~2.jpg

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Altitude Reserve Targeted Mail Spend Offer

@digitek wrote:

Just got this in the mail from US Bank about my Altitude Reserve card.

It is for 20% more points on purchases after you have spent $6600 on it, up to 2000 points. The spending time period is from June 1 through July 31. It is worded strangely, though, in that it says you "will be awarded a bonus .2 point per dollar spent". This makes it sound like no matter what the spend is on or reward category you will only get .2 extra points per dollar, not really 20% more points. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but if I use it for Mobile Wallet and get x3 points, I would get 3.2 points and not 3.6 points which would be 20% more actual points than x3.

Have to enroll with a promo code that is in there.

So long story short they will give you $20 if you spend something like $16660 in 2 months. Actually closer to $30 I guess if you redeem at x1.5 through the portal or Real Time Rewards.

Their timing sucks I don't have any big purchases planned for a long time, I just got done putting a lot of spend on this card in the last few months and that might be why they sent me the offer.

20210528_170634~2.jpg

While the 2,000 points (and the 0.2 points bonus) seems constant, the threshold varies.   My daughter needed to spend $1,950, mine was for $1,750, yours $6,600 seems huge

Message 2 of 8
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Mine is for $2100

Also, why send it snail mail 🤷‍♀️

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine is for over $650. Shows I haven't been spending very much thanks to pandemic 

Message 4 of 8
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I got the mailer as well... my offer is to spend $3400 from 6/1 to 7/31 to get the bonus points.

I've not pulled out the calculator, but this looks to be just slightly more than a rough average of my usual spend over two months so ordinarily it would be very doable organically.  But since I'm now shifting my spend away from the AR to earn the bonus on the Altitude Connect (AC?) it's not gonna happen. Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 8
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

Mine is for $2100

It makes it easier to run the maths and see how laughable these US Bank offers are. 

I love Altitude Reserve and my two Cash+, but every "extra earning" offer I've ever seen for these cards is peanuts for the effort and spend required.  

One of the offers a while back required spending on the order of $10,000 for an additional $20 reward.  

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 6 of 8
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Mine is for $2100

It makes it easier to run the maths and see how laughable these US Bank offers are. 

I love Altitude Reserve and my two Cash+, but every "extra earning" offer I've ever seen for these cards is peanuts for the effort and spend required.  

One of the offers a while back required spending on the order of $10,000 for an additional $20 reward.  

Yes, it amuses me when people get excited (or rather, complain if they don't get them) at some Citi offers, because the maximum reward is an extra $25.   But those are much generous in comparison to these ones.

That said, I had $5500 of dental treatment today, conveniently June 1, so I (hopefully) have met the requirement and am earning 3.2 points per $ on mobile.    So...., I LOVE US BANK!!!!

Message 7 of 8
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I totally agree. While I'd be putting spend on it anyway, if I really needed $20.00 that bad, I'd skip two trips to Starbucks instead of spending thousands 🤷‍♀️

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.