cgreer72
Regular Contributor

Re: Am I missing something????

Thanks guys!

Message 11 of 22
barbaralee
Established Contributor

Sounds like a payment float to me. A lot of people think that because the money is deducted from account and posted to cc that the payment is through. That is not usually the case. When my bank does payment floats the money will be deducted, the payment will appear to post to the account but the credit line will not be available until the float is done (usually 7 days, available on the 8th).

Message 12 of 22
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

floating payment post? man that sucks. im glad i haven't dealt with that yet. it seems like this is a subprime capone pattern.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 13 of 22
cgreer72
Regular Contributor

@scottwagnon wrote:

floating payment post? man that sucks. im glad i haven't dealt with that yet. it seems like this is a subprime capone pattern.

Doesn't suck, really. Just curious. One of the things you have to deal with when rebuilding. Glad you don't have to deal with it. Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 22
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

@Wolf3 wrote:

I have found that with new accounts, it is common to hold the Credit availability for up to 10 days.

PenFed does this with all new card members. The payment will post but they will not update the available credit for exactly 10 days. This goes on for 6 months. After that its business as usual.

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 15 of 22
cgreer72
Regular Contributor

@OnTheRebound wrote:

PenFed does this with all new card members. The payment will post but they will not update the available credit for exactly 10 days. This goes on for 6 months. After that its business as usual.

Wow, six months? Does this go for payments of any amount?

Message 16 of 22
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

@cgreer72 wrote:

@OnTheRebound wrote:

Wow, six months? Does this go for payments of any amount?

Yes. Doesn't matter if it's $2 or $2000.

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 17 of 22
barbaralee
Established Contributor

Yes, my bank will do it if you

1. Have a payment returned

2. Go over your credit limit

3. Get close to going over your credit limit

4. If you are new

5. for the helluva it.

Having to explain payment defenders to customers are the worst calls. When I get a call and I figure out it is about a float I always pull up the explanation for float in my procedural manual and then put the customer on a brief hold while I mentally prepare myself for the onslaught.

Message 18 of 22
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

@barbaralee wrote:

Yes, my bank will do it if you

1. Have a payment returned

2. Go over your credit limit

3. Get close to going over your credit limit

4. If you are new

5. for the helluva it.

Having to explain payment defenders to customers are the worst calls. When I get a call and I figure out it is about a float I always pull up the explanation for float in my procedural manual and then put the customer on a brief hold while I mentally prepare myself for the onslaught.

if i get a capone subprime card, and you have to talk to me about a floater, i promise i will not make you feel that you need to prepare for battle. i will be like a nice soft snuggly kitten purring. meow.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 19 of 22
payingoffdebt001
Frequent Contributor

I contacted and asked about this and they said a hold was placed on my account, but could not tell me why and i didn insist..they released the hold with no issues.  All is good now.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.