Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx Blue Cash Upgrade questions.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AmEx Blue Cash Upgrade questions.

Today i noticed i had a special offer of $250 if i spend $2000 in 3 months to upgrade to the Blue Cash Preferred.  So i decided i want to go for it, but i do have a couple of questions about upgrading. i really do like the 6%CB at grocery stores.

1. will it be an HP?

2. will my tradeline be affected in anyway?

3. im due for a credit increase on the 24th?  will that be affected as well?

4. Does AmEx limit your credit with them based off my income?   $28000 a year, 2 cards with them with a total of $5600 in credit.

thanks guys

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AmEx Blue Cash Upgrade questions.

No HP
Won’t effect your tradeline.

Just be sure your usual grocery store codes as grocery for AMEX or you won’t get the 6% CB. For example, big box stores like Walmart won’t qualify (grocery pick up does, however. Just not in-store Purchases)
Message 2 of 3
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: AmEx Blue Cash Upgrade questions.

@Anonymous wrote:

Today i noticed i had a special offer of $250 if i spend $2000 in 3 months to upgrade to the Blue Cash Preferred.  So i decided i want to go for it, but i do have a couple of questions about upgrading. i really do like the 6%CB at grocery stores.

1. will it be an HP?

2. will my tradeline be affected in anyway?

3. im due for a credit increase on the 24th?  will that be affected as well?

4. Does AmEx limit your credit with them based off my income?   $28000 a year, 2 cards with them with a total of $5600 in credit.

thanks guys

1. SP most likely 

2. No, retains all original info

3.Not by PC, but CLI may be affected by other factors

4. A lot more goes into it, income is just one piece of puzzle

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.