Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon Prime

I want to apply for the Amazon Credit Card but i don't have an account with them i use my wifes account in which she has prime , Do i need to be a member to apply for it ? Or can i apply using her account under my name or does she need to be the one to apply under her account
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon Prime

Apply using her account, under her name. Once approved, add yourself as authorized user.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!
Message 3 of 8
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Apply using her account, under her name. Once approved, add yourself as authorized user.

Just remember that this means applying using her credit report,  so the app will be judged on that, and any HPs and new accounts go on her record.   So make sure that makes sense!

Message 4 of 8
SBR249
Established Contributor

Another option may be to convert your wife's prime account to a household account and then share the prime benefits with your own Amazon account. You could then apply for the card under your own name. 

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Convert to a household account. By far the better option.
Message 6 of 8
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Someone beat me to it...   convert it to a household account and add yourself to the Prime.. then you can apply under your own name... and could add her as a AU... But if you attach the card for the household you dont even need to do that.... to both use it on amazon under your own account..   Thats how I apped for Amazon Prime Visa.....  Hope that makes some sense... If your already attached to her Prime account  as a family you can app as yourself... Perhaps someone on here can explain it better...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201910370

https://www.amazon.com/myh/households

-J

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to all of you, very helpful information!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.