Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Store Card

tag
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amazon Store Card

Mine says 3 percent..   I'm a prime member and the 3 percent wouldn't hurt, but I just got 3 cards in the past two months and have 12 inq...  Hmm maybe one more won't hurt.... 

Message 51 of 65
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

After looking at it really hard..   You get 3 percent off but you can't get special financing..  Its either / or....   So a $149 will get you about 4.47 off,  but not the zero percent financing...     I'll just save an inquire and pay with anoter cash reward card...   Also the APR is 25.99 percent....          

Message 52 of 65
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

If it's less than 5%, and you don't have the Sallie Mae, use the HP for that!

Message 53 of 65
jm1991
Regular Contributor

do purchases from MYHABIT.COM count as amazon purchases? i buy alot of stuff from there and on my card its billed as AMZ*MYHABIT.com 

Marriott Premier SV: $8,500 Amex blue sky: $24,000 BoA BBR: $3,900 BoA Cash Rewards: $9,100 Ritz Carlton: $5,000 Discover: $5,000
MyFico Score:752
Message 54 of 65
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@jm1991 wrote:

do purchases from MYHABIT.COM count as amazon purchases? i buy alot of stuff from there and on my card its billed as AMZ*MYHABIT.com 

So long as you are purchasing it via the Amazon website it's all Amazon credit card wise..

Message 55 of 65
jm1991
Regular Contributor

its not amazon.com though. this is what the website says on the about us. "MyHabit is a private fashion sale site offering up to 60% off hand-picked selections from designer and boutique brands. Founded by Amazon.com...""MyHabit was created by Amazon.com in response to customers' desires to shop intelligently from a selection of designer and boutique brands" 

Marriott Premier SV: $8,500 Amex blue sky: $24,000 BoA BBR: $3,900 BoA Cash Rewards: $9,100 Ritz Carlton: $5,000 Discover: $5,000
MyFico Score:752
Message 56 of 65
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

May be something you just need to try out and see. So you're purchasing through MyHabit website? Might not count if that's the case. If it's just a seller on Amazon.com then, yes, it should count.
Message 57 of 65
score_building
Senior Contributor

@shane82388 wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:
So you have the account already? Wonder about those of is who don't have it?!

yeah, I already have a store card, prime, and purchase frequently. I guess all my recent purchases will be credited the 5% back on my next statement.

How do you chat with Amazon?

"Chat Support Hours

Thank you for contacting us. Our online Chat Support Hours are as follows:

• Monday - Friday 11am - 7:30pm EST

If you get this message during our Chat Support Hours, we are currently helping other customers and a chat agent will be available soon.

You can either:

• Wait for the Chat icon to say "Chat with an Agent"
  • Email us using our "Online Message Center" located in the Contact Us section of the menu bar
  • Call us at 866-634-8379. 24 hrs. 7 days a week."
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 58 of 65
EventHorizon

Does anyone know if the 5% back includes Amazon Marketplace or would it be only for items directly sold by Amazon?

Message 59 of 65
DieGo2SHAE
Regular Contributor

@EventHorizon wrote:

Does anyone know if the 5% back includes Amazon Marketplace or would it be only for items directly sold by Amazon?

I don't have the normal store card, but the chase amazon visa counts all purchases made on amazon as amazon purchases. So if it's the same then marketplace purcahses would count.

Dang, I just checked and I've only got 4%. I have both the forward and sallie mae for the full 5%, but it would be nice to have a backup for whenever both of these cards nerf the 5% through amazon. Amazon's CC offers change pretty frequently though so I'd check the page from time to time to see if the 5% back is available.

May 2013 | June 2013 |Sep 2013 | Dec 2013 |May 2014 | May 2014 | May 2014| April 2015 | April 2015 | April 2015 | April 2015
Message 60 of 65
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.