Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Store card problems...

tag
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Amazon Store card problems...

I just recently acquired the Amazon Store card (GECRB) and took advantage of their promotion. 6 month financing for qualifying items of $149 or more. I made a $199 purchase with the card. I decided a few days later that, "Hey you know what...I think I'm just gonna pay this off." Not having received a bill yet but the transaction shows on my account and my available credit has already been deducted. I called to make a payment and got directed to the credit analyst. They claim that since I haven't received a bill yet...I technically don't have a balance yet but a transaction list only so I can't pay it until I receive the bill. I've never heard of this and I have 2 other GECRB cards and I pay those fine and sometimes a little extra when the payment isn't even due yet. Is anyone else having a similar problem with bill pay with the Amazon Store card?

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: Amazon Store card problems...

Just wait a few days for the transaction to be applied to the current balance and then pay it.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 2 of 9
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

I just recently acquired the Amazon Store card (GECRB) and took advantage of their promotion. 6 month financing for qualifying items of $149 or more. I made a $199 purchase with the card. I decided a few days later that, "Hey you know what...I think I'm just gonna pay this off." Not having received a bill yet but the transaction shows on my account and my available credit has already been deducted. I called to make a payment and got directed to the credit analyst. They claim that since I haven't received a bill yet...I technically don't have a balance yet but a transaction list only so I can't pay it until I receive the bill. I've never heard of this and I have 2 other GECRB cards and I pay those fine and sometimes a little extra when the payment isn't even due yet. Is anyone else having a similar problem with bill pay with the Amazon Store card?

I think you need to wait until it post to your account.

Message 3 of 9
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

Thats because it hasn't yet posted....it probably has deducted from your credit limit but you have to wait afew days for it to post.

Or you can always push it through online bill pay. Thats what i do sometimes. Then just let the credit sit there until the transaction actually posts to the account and create a

-0- balance

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 4 of 9
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Use your online bill pay. Or just set yourself a reminder...
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 5 of 9
sngplb

I know this is an old post, but did you receive a late payment for paying early?  I know I did....$35.00!  It is not just Amazon, but every card that GECRB owns....sucks!  And I hope you do not have to talk with customer service, that is if you can even understand what they are trying to say!

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sngplb wrote:

I know this is an old post, but did you receive a late payment for paying early?  I know I did....$35.00!  It is not just Amazon, but every card that GECRB owns....sucks!  And I hope you do not have to talk with customer service, that is if you can even understand what they are trying to say!

You got a late fee for paying early?????????

Or is this what happened:  You made a payment before the statement date and that payment was for less than the full balance.  Then, thinking you made a payment already for more than the minimum payment due, you didn't make a payment for the remaining balance until the following billing cycle.  Right?

Message 7 of 9
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

+1McArthur!

Funny that youre ocd about paying on time... But not really..

Pay attn to your statement dates!!!!!!:-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
+1McArthur!

Funny that youre ocd about paying on time... But not really..

Pay attn to your statement dates!!!!!!:-)

I can understand his position.  The average person isn't as savvy as most are here about all the tiny little details.  He was trying to do the right thing, but messed up on one tiny, but significant, detail.  It was a $35 lesson.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.