cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon and Lowes closed to return payment!!!

tag
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Re: Amazon and Lowes closed to return payment!!!

@LS2982 wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

What

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Smiley Very Happy thinking the same

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 31 of 44
p-
Valued Contributor

Ok...

People who loan money, i.e. credit card issuers, banks, mortgage backers, capital investors, all have one thing in common.  They want it back.

They decide who to lend to based on how likely it is you will pay.  If you have had financial hardships in your life that cause you to bounce checks, you are less likely to pay.  So, they don't want to loan you money any more.

It's that simple.

If it was your money, wouldn't you do the same?

And who still writes checks?  Online billpay never bounces.  I recommend you use that.

Good luck!

Message 32 of 44
Middleswarth
Frequent Contributor

Just so you are aware, what you did (intentionally bouncing checks) is a felony (theft by deception).  You could be sent to jail for your actions.  I would advise you to NEVER do that again.  Its really not worth being arrested for (trust me on this one, I know).

Beyond the legal problems, bouncing checks to pay for credit cards may be a symptom of a much bigger problem.  I suggest you really evaluate where you are going and how you are getting there. Do you really need 11 credit cards?  If you can't pay, it may be time to step back and let the dust settle.

Message 33 of 44
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I agree with letting the dust settle. I've had overdrafts before, I'm not going to act like I haven't. I recommend that you use a cash system for a while. Deposit your check, use online bill pay to pay bills use your calculator to figure out how much is left after bills, withdraw some of what is left in cash, then live off of that cash for a week. That's a good way to not incur a fee for NSF or bounce a check
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 34 of 44
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Just so long as the OP truly understands the fact that he no longers has the ability to claim "perfect payment history", we can move on.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 35 of 44
CK_Charles_Lover
Regular Contributor

2 words OVERDRAFT PROTECTION. If you can qualify for 11 GE ACCOUNTS. You should be able to get overdraft at your bank. 

Trans Union Fico (Walmart) ,690 Experian Fico (Amex) 686(Opened 3 new accounts this month. In the Garden)

AMEX BCE ($19,500) AMEX PRG -(NPSL), BARCLAYS US AIR PREMIER WORLD ($10,000), BOA CASH REWARD -($6,000), CITI HILTON RESERVE SIGGY-(5,000), WALMART DISCOVER ( $5,800), CITI DIAMOND ($4,700), CITI DIVIDED WORLD ($4,500), AMAZON STORE($5,000), NORDSTROM VISA SIG($5,000), PAYPAL STORE ($4,000) Amex Delta Gold ($2000)
Message 36 of 44
Middleswarth
Frequent Contributor

@CK_Charles_Lover wrote:

2 words OVERDRAFT PROTECTION. If you can qualify for 11 GE ACCOUNTS. You should be able to get overdraft at your bank. 

Good point.  I have my savings as my OD protection first, then I have my USAA CC as my secondary OD protection.  Most banks offer some sort of credit for OD protection....

Message 37 of 44
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@Repo-ed wrote:

Just so long as the OP truly understands the fact that he no longers has the ability to claim "perfect payment history", we can move on.

Did you bring lunch? Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 38 of 44
tboy1977
Regular Contributor

Two weeks in less than three months and YOU ARE PISSED.....You may be able to call the CC issuer and beg for mercy but honestly, that seems suspect.  I bounced a check with PNC once and while they are gracious, I paid with cash or money order for six months to be sure.  If you would have send even I bounced a check last year and just bounced a check I'd say, ok I can feel you.  But two bounced checks in less than three months sounds like you got caught.......At a minimum with your pants down.

GET IT TOGETHER!!

Starting scores: EQ 420, EX 421, TU 405 (Jan 2011)
Bk Ch 7 Discharged Mar 2011
Current scores: Julty 2019: TU - 655, EX - 619, EQ - 640
FICO Dream Scores: EQ 700+, EX 700+, TU 700+

Credit accounts: 22% APR auto loan (Mar 2017), Secured [Coke (4000), Discover (1000)], Unsecured [CreditOne $1500, Walmart $150, Target $200], World Finance: $1500, Courtesy Finance: $700, Speedy Finance: $1200 (charged-off)
Message 39 of 44
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

Many years ago, I had a co-worker who had a unique way of dealing with his cash-flow issues.  He would purposely mail the wrong checks to his creditors.  For instance, Sears would get his check that he made payable to JCPenneys and vice versa.  Of course, this scenario wouldn't work in this day and age of electronic/online payments, but back then (almost 20 years ago) he swore by this method.  I guess it gave him enough float time to make sure he had the funds in his account during those months where he was a little short.

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 40 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.