Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon prime visa and fraud detections

tag
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Re: Amazon prime visa and fraud detections

My favorite negative review was a complaint about Synchrony closing a card when the reviewer had "only two" 60-day lates. Smiley Happy

I've had this card for over two years and have never seen Chase's fraud protection in action. I've had two declines, both of which were the result of merchant/terminal error. When I called Chase about the first one, their system saw no attempt to charge. In the second case, running the card again resulted in a successful transaction.

Based on my recollection of reports here, Chase's fraud protection isn't onerous — unlike Citi, which can occasionally be a bear.

Message 11 of 27
Wrigley2172
Frequent Contributor

My goodness i feel so honored! 3 CL's in one thread!
Since you all have lessened my concerns here are my full dp's id love to hear your thoughts

12k income
Fico's all between 790-810 from experian 3 on 7/1
No baddies
Disco card 150/5000 2 years 11 months old
Amex BCP 700/2000 opened in May on 0% promo till 6/20 not reporting yet
Inflated AAoa is in the 8 year range due to AU account. Will need to apply for student loans this/next month for last year of college
Wasent thinking id go with chase till i had more income but it fits my other cards and spend pretty well

* edit for detail
Affinity Cash Rewards: 15,000
Amex BCP: 30,000
Amex Platinum
BCU Cash Rewards: 18,000
Discover it: 14,700
TJX Mastercard: 2,500
Venmo: 10,000
>>23k student loan-payed off
Ficos 8's ~790
Inq: EX:1 EQ:1 TU:1
Message 12 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wrigley2172 wrote:
If you look at the prime card the most recent review is from an "underwriter at another bank" who is livid about being charged interest on the entire statement balance rather than outstanding balance she forgot to pay off

lol I just looked up the review. To be fair, the interest thing is spelled out in the cardmember agreement. You would think an underwriter would at least read through that.

It's been a while since I checked, but I believe that clause only applies to the 0% APR promo period. I could be wrong on that. It seems very weird that someone could "forget" to pay off a $25 charge on a card they are currently using otherwise, since any new charges would be on the following statement.

Message 13 of 27
Wrigley2172
Frequent Contributor

Agreed brad, but who knows, people love to spin things and leave out info that would paint them badly. They "only forgot to pay $25" so how DARE Chase do exactly what they say theyll do! Blasphemy! Jokes aside though they arent even offering a 0% on the card currently so if i go for it-which i just might after this thread ill have to set up the ol' auto-pay
Amex Platinum
Ficos 8's ~790
Message 14 of 27
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Haha, if you want CL power, lets see if i can summon up for ya with a sprinkling of some Mod Squad. Lets see, @Anonymous is with me on Never/24, @simplynoir is simply the yang to @Remedios yingSmiley Wink. @CreditInspired csn give you solid credit advice if abit inspiredSmiley Wink. @pinkandgrey might help you with the 3 cards is all deal, while @Gmood1 might grace you with his ominous presenceSmiley Happy. To top it off , a thread wouldnt feel right without a sprinking if @UncleB and his simple @CreditCuriositySmiley Happy. Chase that😄

Ps, dont worry about your income, its fine for the Amazon and unlike me, im sure your growth potential will appease the Chase lords of creditSmiley Wink
Message 15 of 27
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I've never had an issue with the Amazon Visa. No fraud flags in the year or so that I've had it
Message 16 of 27
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Wrigley2172 wrote:
My goodness i feel so honored! 3 CL's in one thread!
Since you all have lessened my concerns here are my full dp's id love to hear your thoughts

12k income
Fico's all between 790-810 from experian 3 on 7/1
No baddies
Disco card 150/5000 2 years 11 months old
Amex BCP 700/2000 opened in May on 0% promo till 6/20 not reporting yet
Inflated AAoa is in the 8 year range due to AU account. Will need to apply for student loans this/next month for last year of college
Wasent thinking id go with chase till i had more income but it fits my other cards and spend pretty well

* edit for detail

Aside from the Discover card and AmEx currently not reported on CRs, do you have any other revolving tradelines where you are the primary accountholder?  Any installment or student loan history?   What about the AU account what's the CL on that?

As far as fraud detection instances, I've not had any issues with the Amazon Visa.  Of course, as mentioned further upthread, these situations come up from time to time, but they're usually not a deal breaker IMO. 

Message 17 of 27
Wrigley2172
Frequent Contributor

By all that is holy AJC😂😂😂 ive always found the best way to get uncleB or another mod to come running outside of the good ol report button though is to just post something wildly inappropriate! Mods love that! And i have miss Disco wrapped around my finger with 1k increases back to back so i have that up on you as well
And thanks gmood, im gonna think about apping seriously today. Hopefully i can post an approval in a day or two!
Amex Platinum
Ficos 8's ~790
Message 18 of 27
Wrigley2172
Frequent Contributor

I have no other tradelines Fin, Disco was my first card when i wae 18 turning 19. The AU- i have 2 actually, is cap 1 with a 15k CL and also a WF account that is no longer used that has a 9k CL both are my dad's accounts. I will have a student loan opening this year but no other debts to speak of
Amex Platinum
Ficos 8's ~790
Message 19 of 27
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Wrigley2172 wrote:
By all that is holy AJC😂😂😂 ive always found the best way to get uncleB or another mod to come running outside of the good ol report button though is to just post something wildly inappropriate! Mods love that! And i have miss Disco wrapped around my finger with 1k increases back to back so i have that up on you as well
And thanks gmood, im gonna think about apping seriously today. Hopefully i can post an approval in a day or two!

bertstare.jpg

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.