Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon success (sort of)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon success (sort of)

Hi all!

I was on Amazon Saturday shopping for a cover for my new motorcycle and when I checked out I was offered a chance to apply for a Amazon card (non-Visa). Since I haven't done anything to scuff up my credit lately I filled out the form and was rewarded with an instant $700.00 approval!  Maybe not huge but compared to where I was a year ago it ain't half bad.

So as I was feeling full of myself I decided to try for a twofer and apply for the Amazon Chase Visa as well. Can you see it coming? Yep the dreaded 15 to 30 day response. I checked and they pulled EX which is not too bad. A recent lender pull has me around 681 and the only baddie is a 6+ year old paid charge off from our friends at 1st Premier and several inquiries most of which stem from 2 vehicle purchases.

I feel that if I am denied I have a fair chance at recon.

Opinions? Experiences?

Thanks and Happy Monday!

CB

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
FocusOnFICO
Regular Contributor

Re: Amazon success (sort of)

CB--the Amazon store card is a good one to have.  To your question, do you really need the other credit card?  If so, recon.  If not, best to move on.

Starting Score: TU 766 EQ 788
Current Score: TU 788 EQ 811
Goal Score: TU 800 EQ 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm hoping to replace a very well worn Orchard Visa which has served me well in my rebuilding but has hit the wall when it comes to growth. Should I wait for the denial or forge ahead with the recon?

As always, thanks for all the help,

CB

Message 3 of 7
tray
Valued Contributor

If I was you I would call the backdoor number to see if there is a decision yet and try to speak with someone if they tell you a denial, i would do it now as it is early and just to avoid the waiting game if you really want this card.  Good Luck

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 4 of 7
keith021
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all!

I was on Amazon Saturday shopping for a cover for my new motorcycle and when I checked out I was offered a chance to apply for a Amazon card (non-Visa). Since I haven't done anything to scuff up my credit lately I filled out the form and was rewarded with an instant $700.00 approval!  Maybe not huge but compared to where I was a year ago it ain't half bad.

So as I was feeling full of myself I decided to try for a twofer and apply for the Amazon Chase Visa as well. Can you see it coming? Yep the dreaded 15 to 30 day response. I checked and they pulled EX which is not too bad. A recent lender pull has me around 681 and the only baddie is a 6+ year old paid charge off from our friends at 1st Premier and several inquiries most of which stem from 2 vehicle purchases.

I feel that if I am denied I have a fair chance at recon.

Opinions? Experiences?

Thanks and Happy Monday!

CB

Well, from my experience and approval with Chase, they can actually take up to 30 days to approve applications. I think my application took a little longer than 30 days. Good luck! Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 665
Current Score: 715
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tray wrote:

If I was you I would call the backdoor number to see if there is a decision yet and try to speak with someone if they tell you a denial, i would do it now as it is early and just to avoid the waiting game if you really want this card.  Good Luck

Called the back door to recon and was approved for an initial $500 limit. Not huge but a first step with my first "not a rebuilder" card. Hopefully with good use and care CLIs will happen down the road.

Done with apps now until summer 2011.

Thanks for all the opinions!

CB

Message 6 of 7
tray
Valued Contributor

Whay to go,CharlieBrown!!! nice to hear.  One day for me a Chase card also.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.