cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express F/R

tag
Cadmius

American Express F/R

I have never posted on here before but I have read a few things here and there and just thought I would post this.

I have had my Amex Green card for about 3 months now. I would say at most I never put more than $100 per month on it. I only got gas twice with it just to use it. I have much better cards then this for rewards. Out of nowhere I got a call from them and they were doing a F/R on my account and wanted all this information I was already telling myself I was not going to give it to them. He asked how much I make and where work I guess to see if it matched what I put on my app. It did. Then he asked for that request for transcript of tax return. At this point I told him “I have no intention what so ever to give this to you and you can just close my account now if you like.”  It’s almost as if he never heard somebody say that. I then told him. “For the last few months have not put more than $100 on it and I have much better cards then this Amex from Chase, BoA, Citi and Discover just to name four and I don’t need this card. I’ll think about sending you this information but I don’t think I will.” Then just hung up the phone. At this time my account is still open and I really don’t care if they close it as I said I have much better cards then there Amex and just wanted one to have a MC, V, Discover and Amex. But oh well I can live without one.

What I just can’t understand is why they would do something like that to somebody that is just spending no more than $100 a month?  There’s no way I would give anybody my taxes like that so they can just leave it setting in a fax machine for anybody to look at. I would just use my bank card if it came to that. Smiley Tongue 

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

Re: American Express F/R

I dont blame you. I did exactly the same, and I also only used the card oce or twice before  i got F/R.  I told them to stick it where the sun don't shine Smiley Very Happy  afterall I had much better cards.

Message 2 of 28
Cadmius

@Happychap wrote:

I dont blame you. I did exactly the same, and I also only used the card oce or twice before  i got F/R.  I told them to stick it where the sun don't shine Smiley Very Happy  afterall I had much better cards.

And as if me sending it to them was not good enough. They wanted that form so they could get it on there own. Sorry not going to happen.   

Message 3 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't comply with an F/R either, good decision.

Message 4 of 28
bahbahd
Established Contributor

Please define F/R. I've not seen this abbreviation before.

Message 5 of 28
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@bahbahd wrote:

Please define F/R. I've not seen this abbreviation before.

Financial Review. They basically ask for last year's tax information to make sure your income matches (or is close to) what you stated on the app)

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 6 of 28
nada9188
Frequent Contributor

No real loss for you or Amex then. I truly believe that the trigger for a f/r is info reported on your credit. In fact, this post is practically proof of that.
Message 7 of 28
JonStur
Established Contributor

Good for U..if its not that vital to have it don't stress it..

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 8 of 28
twelfthjoe2
Established Member

@nada9188 wrote:
No real loss for you or Amex then. I truly believe that the trigger for a f/r is info reported on your credit. In fact, this post is practically proof of that.

How does this post prove that? Depending on what cards he has with those banks he could very well have excellent credit. If you don't mind me asking what cards do you have with them?

Message 9 of 28
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Maybe you can get your last AF refunded

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.