cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Financial Review Question.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Express Financial Review Question.

I recently Applied for an Amex BCE. I wasn't aware that they financially reviewed unlike other credit institutions whom rarely do so. I didn't lie on my annual income, but I've only ever had my first job this year. So I currently have no tax information with the IRS and wont for some time. What would happen if I recieved this review in the time period between now and when my IRS information is not avialable. Thank you very much for everyone who contributes to this topic and thread.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Express Financial Review Question.

@Anonymous wrote:

I recently Applied for an Amex BCE. I wasn't aware that they financially reviewed unlike other credit institutions whom rarely do so. I didn't lie on my annual income, but I've only ever had my first job this year. So I currently have no tax information with the IRS and wont for some time. What would happen if I recieved this review in the time period between now and when my IRS information is not avialable. Thank you very much for everyone who contributes to this topic and thread.

Don't let AMEX stress you out, if they bother you then close them, is their loss....Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

It won't stress me out after I file for the first time. I just hope I don't get reviewed prior to the end of the January billing statement.  The only reason I applied to amex was backdating.

Message 3 of 19
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

^^^^^

Then you speak the truth, hopefully on the app you put the number of years at the current job as a reaosnable amount of time, meaning the truth.

Say this is my income, it is my first job so I've been here x months, and I haven't filed income taxes; they will ask for a pay stub copy then to est. income/prove income

Message 4 of 19
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

The general fear of FR is overblown here.  Worry about it if it happens.  They don't just randomly FR -- you'd have to give them cause.

Even in January your 2014 transcript won't be available/accepted.  According to what AmEx states they're not available/accepted until August/September.

Message 5 of 19
Blodreina
Established Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

The general fear of FR is overblown here.  Worry about it if it happens.  They don't just randomly FR -- you'd have to give them cause.

Even in January your 2014 transcript won't be available/accepted.  According to what AmEx states they're not available/accepted until August/September.

I prefer not to have an Amex because of Murphy's Law.  One should assume that the worst that could happen, will happen.  Because said review is possible, I operate under the assumption that it will occur.

But that's just me.

Message 6 of 19
Jlu
Established Contributor

@Simba501 wrote:

@takeshi74 wrote:

I prefer not to have an Amex because of Murphy's Law.  One should assume that the worst that could happen, will happen.  Because said review is possible, I operate under the assumption that it will occur.

But that's just me.

How do you manage to leave your house? I mean, you can get hit by a mack truck while crossing the street.

Just because a dozen people on a CC forum have been FR'd doesn't mean that any significant majority of AMEX's 100+ million customers are FR'd.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 7 of 19
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Jlu wrote:

@Simba501 wrote:

@takeshi74 wrote:

But that's just me.

How do you manage to leave your house? I mean, you can get hit by a mack truck while crossing the street.

Just because a dozen people on a CC forum have been FR'd doesn't mean that any significant majority of AMEX's 100+ million customers are FR'd.

Because if he/she stays in, that Mack truck is going to plow into the house and explode.  

But yes, I agree, Amex FR is rare and not the end of the world if it does occur.   And sometimes they just close your card like other companies..

Message 8 of 19
Open123
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

But yes, I agree, Amex FR is rare and not the end of the world if it does occur.   And sometimes they just close your card like other companies..

Right, just use the card, reap the benefits, and if a FR ever ensues, cancel your account if the price of disclosing your financials aren't commensurate with the rewards.

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would love to show them my records if they asked. I have nothing to hide. On the app they never asked how long my job has been or when I started.
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.