Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Promotional Interest Offer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Express Promotional Interest Offer

FYI...

I hope everyone is having a good Monday. Hubby and I both received promotional interest rate offers for 6.99% on new purchases for 12 billing statements. I have a BCE and he has Clear.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: American Express Promotional Interest Offer

Congrats! I do not expect to get this offer, because I stupidly accepted a temporary APR decrease on my Delta card from 20% to the competitive rate of 19% Smiley Frustrated

You could check closely on the language of the offer. I got a similar low rate offer in Nov 2014, 12 months at a low APR, which I used. Then I got a correction notice a few months ago. They clarified that the low APR offer was intended to last until the specific charges made during the promo period were paid off, and I got a small interest credit on my AMEX statement. If similar language on this one, then a purchase gets a Forever rate, not a purchase rate that expires. New purchase after the promotion period would go to your regular rate, but possible to stretch the low rate out a bit longer if the same terms. 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 2 of 8
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@galahad15 wrote:

Congratulations!

Thanks galahad15!

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NRB525 wrote:

Congrats! I do not expect to get this offer, because I stupidly accepted a temporary APR decrease on my Delta card from 20% to the competitive rate of 19% Smiley Frustrated

You could check closely on the language of the offer. I got a similar low rate offer in Nov 2014, 12 months at a low APR, which I used. Then I got a correction notice a few months ago. They clarified that the low APR offer was intended to last until the specific charges made during the promo period were paid off, and I got a small interest credit on my AMEX statement. If similar language on this one, then a purchase gets a Forever rate, not a purchase rate that expires. New purchase after the promotion period would go to your regular rate, but possible to stretch the low rate out a bit longer if the same terms. 

Okay. Thanks for the heads up NRB.

Message 5 of 8
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

FYI...

I hope everyone is having a good Monday. Hubby and I both received promotional interest rate offers for 6.99% on new purchases for 12 billing statements. I have a BCE and he has Clear.

Very cool! How long have you guys hard your cards for?

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 6 of 8
wmweeza
Established Contributor

I got the same offer, but I never carry a balance so I'm not so sure it would be of use to me. In a year when we buy our second home? Absolutely, but not right now.

FYI I've had my card since October of 2014

Last App 10/14. FICO's: AMEX Ex 846, BarclayTU08 815.FAKOs:CreditKarma 775,CS score 771.BofA 5400,Target $5000,Barnes $8500,Amex $22k
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow...that's nice!!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.