Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Reallocation Data Points

tag
PrimeRate
Frequent Contributor

American Express Reallocation Data Points

Background:

• Have an AMEX Everyday CC at 30K, requested 50K and received a 5k increase to 35K after entering/exiting system multiple times to avoid IV - 45 days ago
  • Received a targeted Delta Gold offer: AF waived, 60k miles and $50 statement credit for 1k spend. Applied & approved 25 days ago for 15K
  • Hit my spend and though I was told it wouldn't work here, attempted to reallocate 10K of the CL from the brand new Delta Card to my Everyday Card
  • Received an instant approval, Everyday is now sitting at 45K and the Delta Gold is at 5K. Per the website they would've allowed me to transfer 13,700 from the Delta Gold, but my OCD said to keep it at 5k increments. 

Could just be a rare YMMV situation, but I'm super happy with the result and hope others may find the same success. 

☮  +  ♡

☮ & ❤
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

Re: American Express Reallocation Data Points

@PrimeRate wrote:

Background:

• Have an AMEX Everyday CC at 30K, requested 50K and received a 5k increase to 35K after entering/exiting system multiple times to avoid IV - 45 days ago
  • Received a targeted Delta Gold offer: AF waived, 60k miles and $50 statement credit for 1k spend. Applied & approved 25 days ago for 15K
  • Hit my spend and though I was told it wouldn't work here, attempted to reallocate 10K of the CL from the brand new Delta Card to my Everyday Card
  • Received an instant approval, Everyday is now sitting at 45K and the Delta Gold is at 5K. Per the website they would've allowed me to transfer 13,700 from the Delta Gold, but my OCD said to keep it at 5k increments. 

Could just be a rare YMMV situation, but I'm super happy with the result and hope others may find the same success. 

☮  +  ♡

If you've had the ED card opened for atleast 13 months, and obviosuly the delta card is 30 days, then you did a relallocation within the terms of their policy. Congrats on the CLI though.

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 2 of 14
PrimeRate
Frequent Contributor

@Ysettle4 wrote:

@PrimeRate wrote:

Background:

☮  +  ♡

If you've had the ED card opened for atleast 13 months, and obviosuly the delta card is 30 days, then you did a relallocation within the terms of their policy. Congrats on the CLI though.

Received the Delta 25 days ago exactly. I was also strictly told by MF and Amex that the donor card has to be 13 months old. Both are not the case here and not within the terms of their policy. Thanks for the congrats, not so much for the snark. 

☮ & ❤
Message 3 of 14
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

PrimeRate wrote

Received the Delta 25 days ago exactly. I was also strictly told by MF and Amex that the donor card has to be 13 months old. Both are not the case here and not within the terms of their policy. Thanks for the congrats, not so much for the snark. 

My apologies if that came off to you in that manner. However, it's possible that you may have gotten incorrect info or have misinterpretered the info give and as a community here, we all strive to ensure that the correct info is distributed and false info suppressed. With that being said, Amex reallocation requirements are:

The card receiving the increased limit,your everyday card, has to be atleast 13 months since opened

The donor card, the delta in your use case, has to be atleast 30 days old from time of approval, not from when you received it.

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 4 of 14
PrimeRate
Frequent Contributor

All good. Interesting nonetheless. Oddly enough, I opened a business card 3 days ago and it's offering me the option of transferring that CL as well. Not going to, don't want to raise any flags but worth the note. 

☮ & ❤
Message 5 of 14
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the business line as well. Amex defintely approves of your profile. Took me a good while to get in with them.

Message 6 of 14
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Perhaps I've been mistaken as well... I was always under the impression that the donor card had to be at least 13 months old before they would allow you to transfer any of its credit line to another card (or else I would have opened a couple of new cards back in the summer for this very purpose; thankfully I no longer have the need).

There's also the possibilty that they have changed the 'rules' as well; like I've mentioned before, when they change policy on this sort of thing they tend to not notify us first (although that would be nice... LOL); it takes somebody trying to see what will work.  It's why even if the concensus is that something won't work sometimes I try anyway, as long as there's no harm in doing so.

In any case, congrats to the OP for getting it to work regardless!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 14
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

Perhaps I've been mistaken as well... I was always under the impression that the donor card had to be at least 13 months old before they would allow you to transfer any of its credit line to another card (or else I would have opened a couple of new cards back in the summer for this very purpose; thankfully I no longer have the need).

There's also the possibilty that they have changed the 'rules' as well; like I've mentioned before, when they change policy on this sort of thing they tend to not notify us first (although that would be nice... LOL); it takes somebody trying to see what will work.  It's why even if the concensus is that something won't work sometimes I try anyway, as long as there's no harm in doing so.

In any case, congrats to the OP for getting it to work regardless!  Smiley Very Happy

Same here but in my case i which I've done this, it was the total opposite. There are sites that state what you and the OP are saying but in my case, it was the opposite.

Who knows, maybe my experience is with the CSR's that are not aware and I took their guidance as golden. Shame on me if that was the case.

Message 8 of 14
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

.....and then there's that. Smiley Indifferent

Message 9 of 14
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Ysettle4 wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

Same here but in my case i which I've done this, it was the total opposite. There are sites that state what you and the OP are saying but in my case, it was the opposite.

Who knows, maybe my experience is with the CSR's that are not aware and I took their guidance as golden. Shame on me if that was the case.

No shame on anybody, my friend... these things seem to be a moving target with many of the issuers lately.  Nearly anything can be 'YMMV' these days.  Smiley Wink

Congrats to you as well for getting it to work, in whatever direction!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.