Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express cli

tag
iheartwings
Valued Contributor

Re: American Express cli

@Anonymous wrote:

Does that CLI rule apply to other cards in your profile? Or only Amex -> Amex or Chase -> Chase ?

I ask because I just reveived a CLI on my Amazon rewards card that I have had for 6 mo(which i got 500->5500), and the next day I asked for CLI on my CapOne platinum card which I had for about 9 months, and it was denied. $500 CL, she said it had been too soon since my last CLI, which I am hoping was like 170 days ago on this same CapOne card. I didnt plan out my time to apply for a CLI. So now that it was been 181 days from my Last CapOne CLI, can I call for a Recon ? Since this was only about 1.5 weeks ago that I tried for the CLI and was denied ? 

OR

Because I already received a CLI on Amazon, I cannot get one for 181 days for my CapOne ? 

I hope that is not the case because I just got a Amex BCE and want to get that 3xCLI in like 55 more days.

The American Express CLI rule only applies to American Express. 

CapOne no longer reconsiders CLIs via the EO (or over the phone) according to several recent posts. It's all computer generated - and the computer apparently didn't like something in your record. (You should look at the reason in the letter they send you.)

Message 11 of 15
myjourney
Super Contributor

@iheartwings wrote:

@its_mona wrote:
Question...I've recently been approved for the amex delta at $5k and the amex ed at $1k...when I go for thr 3x cli would it be better to do the delta since it has the highest limit?

You can think about this in one of two ways. 

If you use the Delta quite a bit, then requesting 3xCLI on day 61 works for you. (One might say that then you could move some of line over to your ED, but your card has to have been established for some time, something like 13 months before that happens.)

But, if the ED is your daily driver, and you find that paying it off multiple times a month isn't your thing, then it might be reasonable to ask for the 3xCLI to give yourself some room.

It really depends on what you're looking to do with your profile (or whether you favor larger lines that may not be so useful versus convenience).

Good answer ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Depends where you need the purchasing power based on which card you will use the most 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@iheartwings wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Does that CLI rule apply to other cards in your profile? Or only Amex -> Amex or Chase -> Chase ?

I ask because I just reveived a CLI on my Amazon rewards card that I have had for 6 mo(which i got 500->5500), and the next day I asked for CLI on my CapOne platinum card which I had for about 9 months, and it was denied. $500 CL, she said it had been too soon since my last CLI, which I am hoping was like 170 days ago on this same CapOne card. I didnt plan out my time to apply for a CLI. So now that it was been 181 days from my Last CapOne CLI, can I call for a Recon ? Since this was only about 1.5 weeks ago that I tried for the CLI and was denied ? 

OR

Because I already received a CLI on Amazon, I cannot get one for 181 days for my CapOne ? 

I hope that is not the case because I just got a Amex BCE and want to get that 3xCLI in like 55 more days.

The American Express CLI rule only applies to American Express. 

CapOne no longer reconsiders CLIs via the EO (or over the phone) according to several recent posts. It's all computer generated - and the computer apparently didn't like something in your record. (You should look at the reason in the letter they send you.)

The denial is becuase I recieved a CLI 170 days ago or so.. I didnt wait the full 181 days. " There has recently been a change to the credit line on this account. "

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

But if you cant call for a recon with CapOne I guess it doesnt matter, even if it was a denial, such as this.

Message 14 of 15
its_mona
New Contributor

Haven't used either as of yet. I really got the Delta for the miles and it turned out to be my largest limit I had kinda hoped for the same on the ED but no dice. My thought process was kinda that if I requested the increase for the largest one then it would likely position me better and I would just use that one and not have to worry about utilization including if/when I traveled. If i did the increase on the ED I would likely wind up paying both monthly since it likely wouldn't take much to go over that 30%. I guess I could strictly use the Delta when I'm traveling though. I have a few months to think about it, just wanted to get some feedback. Thanks for the replies! Smiley Happy
scores as of 9/5/16| EX 676| EQ 622| TU 649

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.