Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Application In Progress....

tag
daytrade5
Contributor

Amex Application In Progress....

Here’s a quick overview of the situation. I applied for the Blue Preferred yesterday & was told a decision could not be reached in 60 seconds. Ok, so I checked the application status page & saw that I was denied! But, I never received a denial email & when I tried to view the reasons for the denial I was given the message that my application could not be accessed??? So, this prompted me to contact Amex & the rather short CSR told me I would receive a letter in the mail stating the reasons for the decision. I wasn’t about to wait for the snail mail so I contacted the executive offices for a recon! The nice lady took my information & said that she would give me a call back once she figures things out. Well today I just got an email stating that my application is in “progress” & I could check my status blah blah blah. So, I’m now waiting to see what the status will change to. Anyone else been in this situation before? It’s kinda weird. Hopefully Amex will have a change of heart & approve me!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Application In Progress....

Maybe the "nice lady" resubmitted it?  I would call the number on the app status page (that's what I did) so they can update you on what's going on with it now.

I keep reading that people are calling the Amex executive office.  What exactly is that and how are people getting their number?  I guess I'm picturing the whole thing wrong? 

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 12
daytrade5
Contributor

Not sure what exactly the executive office does or it's role in the Amex world, but I got the number here in a thread to contact them for a recon. It looks like they did resubmit my application so i'll wait a while to see what happens.. Fingers crossed!

Message 3 of 12
ficofox
Regular Contributor

@clocktick wrote:

Maybe the "nice lady" resubmitted it?  I would call the number on the app status page (that's what I did) so they can update you on what's going on with it now.

I keep reading that people are calling the Amex executive office.  What exactly is that and how are people getting their number?  I guess I'm picturing the whole thing wrong? 

It's the interns in the mailroom.

With FICO, time heals all wounds.

Message 4 of 12
smc733
Valued Contributor

@ficofox wrote:

@clocktick wrote:

I'll assume you are joking...

Both Chase and Amex have a higher-level escalation for people who have ongoing problems that includes American based high-level support representatives.  I find Chase's exec number to be a bit better than Amex's, I've called both.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if we aren't shooting ourselves in the foot when we disregard the ccc's process and try to force our applications through in ways the process does not intend it to be?  With all due respect to the OP, I wonder whether our ability to respect a ccc's application process and to follow their directions  (or not) might be a reason we're turned down on recon, so I'm curious about how this will end, too.

I'm in a different business than finance, but when customers go over my employee's head to complain to me or to my supervisor without giving the process time to work, I am less likely to reward that sort of behavior with a favorable judgment. 

Message 6 of 12
smc733
Valued Contributor

Usually the same person won't re-review an application, and most times, they follow a guide, determine an internal score, and compare it to a threshold.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 7 of 12
DI
Super Contributor

@ficofox wrote:

@clocktick wrote:

AMEX's receives the majority of its mail in Ft. Lauderdale, FL and the people who handles the mail are not interns.  Cards are approved and mailed from Salt Lake City, UT.    FYI

Message 8 of 12
ShootingStar
Regular Contributor

lol...I believe it was meant to be taken as a joke, guys.  Sarcasm....you either get it or you don't!  Smiley Wink

"It's myFICO and I can cry if I want to!"

Starting Score January 1, 2010: 640
Current Scores Updated Sept. 6, 2011: EQ: 765 / TU: 778 / EX PLUS: 773
Goal Score: 800

"Working my way up!" Smiley Wink
Message 9 of 12
DI
Super Contributor

@ShootingStar wrote:

lol...I believe it was meant to be taken as a joke, guys.  Sarcasm....you either get it or you don't!  Smiley Wink

I got it.  But since this is a public forum where anyone can read it,  everyone may not pick up on sarcasm.  Gracias!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.