Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCE cli question.

tag
SteveUrkel
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex BCE cli question.

is it bad if i go ahead and fax the form? or should i just ignore it?

*22 Years Old* Started my credit at age 19
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature- $9,200 II TFCU - $2,500 II Amex BCE - $2,400 II Paypal Extras Mastercard - $7,600 II American Eagle VISA - $3300 II Best Buy Visa - $3,000 II Chase Slate - $500
Message 11 of 27
Dubious
Frequent Contributor

Only you can decide if it's "bad." Think about what's on your tax return. If you don't mind AmEx seeing it, then fax the form. 

Message 12 of 27
SteveUrkel
Frequent Contributor

well what would be considered "bad"?  Last year was my first time that i filed taxes, so i dont know if there is something bad therE?

Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature- $9,200 II TFCU - $2,500 II Amex BCE - $2,400 II Paypal Extras Mastercard - $7,600 II American Eagle VISA - $3300 II Best Buy Visa - $3,000 II Chase Slate - $500
Message 13 of 27
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

I don't consider anything on my tax returns "bad". But, for those who are more private they take offense to others knowing their income, who provided the income, other members of their family, deductions they took, etc.

My experience is that companies can find many, many ways to get more private info about you if they wanted to. But here's the deal: they probably don't care. Most companies who get detailed tax info (mortgage lenders, for example) likely take the form, note the income, stick it in a file, and leave it alone.

It's up to you if you want to go for it, but the truth is that most people have reported that they don't see a CLI on that card until they send that form once they get the notice. When you try again in 90 days, the experiences posted on the forums say they will ask for the form again.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 14 of 27
missjae
Established Contributor

@CarlosC88 wrote:

well what would be considered "bad"?  Last year was my first time that i filed taxes, so i dont know if there is something bad therE?

If the income you stated does not match your tax return, that could be bad.  Someone on the forum posted a link to a blog post about Amex's FR/income verification.  If you read it, it will give you tons of information about your situation.

If everything is on the up and up and you want the increase, then submit the info.  

Message 15 of 27
SteveUrkel
Frequent Contributor

my income on my tax returns was 28K, i got a raise since then and i put that i wpould make around 32K this year.  think thats a problem?

Message 16 of 27
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

with a 12% difference like that there wont be a problem. If you meant to put 19K but slipped an extra 1 in front then that would be a problem. 

Message 17 of 27
JonStur
Established Contributor

Since you have nothing to hide I would just send in the paperwork... If you ever want an increase your going to have to do this anyway. They already know where you live, work, income, your soc sec#, so if you don't have 15 pages of documents that you need to fax and and don't have a secret Swiss Bank acct you don't want to disclose, I would just do it. Then in 6mos you can breathe easy when you go for that 3X CLI!!!!!!

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 18 of 27
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@CarlosC88 wrote:

today i got the letter  which i thought would be a denied message. but i actually got a message saying they need my IRS 4506T form. is this common for such a little increase?

It's not uncommon for all sorts of CLI's -- it just depends on the person's credit.

@CarlosC88 wrote:

yes im 45% util on all my total credit, since i dontplan on apping anytime soon ive been using my credit lines.

It's not just apping that matters.  CLI's matter as well.  Get your utilization down before apping or requesting CLI's.

Message 19 of 27
SteveUrkel
Frequent Contributor

So i faxed it over. any idea how long it takes before a decision is made?

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.