Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCP Grocery Tracker

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Amex BCP Grocery Tracker

@degs138 wrote:
I often get red lobster and Applebee's gift cards to put in birthday cards. Do these count for 6% when bought at a grocery store?

Yep, they do.  Smiley Wink

Message 21 of 28
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I dont have BCP. I have BCE. I think they are similar in tracking reward category spending.

It's two ways of tracking spending.

First, it's "Track reward dollars" from the card's main page. It shows Qualified year-to-date spending. I beleive it is not actually year-to-date. It starts on date account was opened. Also, this information have one or two month lag.

Second is under "Statement & activity" tab. Choose "current statement" and hit small link "here". You can see rewarded transactions there.

I agree that there's a lag on the rewards posting (and the chart being updated), but it's definitely year-to-date and not from when the account was opened... at least for me.

Message 22 of 28
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

It is...I just have to find it. Maybe I have to wait for my first statement.

Here's the link you click to get to the pie chart:

amexchart.jpg

Message 23 of 28
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

Here is how I used to do it:

1) Login to Amex website

2) Click on Statements and Activities

3) Select the range you want (Perhaps Year to date or Year End Summary)

4) Ensure "Spend by: Category" is selected (this should be your default)

5) Click on "Merchandise and Supplies"

6) "Groceries" is now displayed - this should be what you are looking for.  Here is a picture of the final product below:

amex.png

Message 24 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

amexchart.jpg

When I read pie chart, I thought  we were talking about the 'donut' chart that is on the statements & activity section (eta: as jagerbombs89 just posted). That's the one I was surprised by how much it does and that you can click into it to get detail. You can also choose a date range to get year to date info. 

The one that you get when you click where indicated in the above screen shot is more like a 3D bar graph. Or you have very weird looking pie in your neck of the woods. Smiley Wink 

Message 25 of 28
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

amexchart.jpg

When I read pie chart, I thought  we were talking about the 'donut' chart that is on the statements & activity section (eta: as jagerbombs89 just posted). That's the one I was surprised by how much it does and that you can click into it to get detail. You can also choose a date range to get year to date info. 

The one that you get when you click where indicated in the above screen shot is more like a 3D bar graph. Or you have very weird looking pie in your neck of the woods. Smiley Wink 

Agreed... it does look more like a layer cake than a 'pie' chart, and 3D bar graph is definitely a more accurate description... dunce.gif

Heck, they can make it into an ice cream sundae as long as the numbers are right!   Smiley Tongue

Message 26 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

amexchart.jpg

Agreed... it does look more like a layer cake than a 'pie' chart, and 3D bar graph is definitely a more accurate description... dunce.gif

Heck, they can make it into an ice cream sundae as long as the numbers are right!   Smiley Tongue

I was trying to come up with a cylindrical dessert analogy and couldn't. Kudos for the layer cake! 

Message 27 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

amexchart.jpg

I was trying to come up with a cylindrical dessert analogy and couldn't. Kudos for the layer cake! 

I don't have the reward dollars/program box yet. Smiley Sad

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.